Sign in to follow this  
Guest yonderway

Savage or Remington?

You have $500 to spend on a bolt action gun and some ammo. You alread have some nice optics to put on it. Which do you pick and why?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. You have $500 to spend on a bolt action gun and some ammo. You alread have some nice optics to put on it. Which do you pick and why?

• Savage
    • Remington

Nice! That means the 710 is next on my list.

94519[/snapback]

I just saw a new 710 in 30-06 at the local gun show and they had a price of $315 on it. They may have gone as low as $300 out the door. You can find deals on these often.

Chris

I have owned and shot a Savage Tactical rifle for 15 years now. I have owned Remingtons and they just won't outshoot the Savage in the long haul. I will say up front Savage stocks suck. They are to soft. So get a Choate and be done with it.

Savage has the last of the adjustable triggers on the market in a factory rifle. You can adjust the Remington but it will void the warranty.

As far as caliber .308 hands down. Most people can't see a 1000 yards much less hit anything. The .308 will do anything you want it to do and the choices in Match ammo are endless.

Guest yonderway

My FFL just called. My new Savage is in the shop. I'm getting the optics & bipod next weekend (9/18) and hope to get it out to the range 9/19.

I bought a Savage in 30-06. It will outshoot me on my best of days. The stock is rather plain.

The Remington has a much nicer stock and finish.

Better shooter-Savage

Better looking gun-Remington.

If I had had more cash i would've bought a Remington for the choice wood and fine finish, but $ for $ nobody beats the Savage.

The Acu-Trigger is Super!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it or not but you can get the Savage with a Choate or McMillan stock straight from the factory. 26" barrel as well.

I'm personally planning on getting the Savage with Choate and 26" barrel as my next gun.

i have a 700LTR .308 and my brother has the 700VS .308 couldnt ask for anything more except a larger caliber...next long range rifle will probably be the sako TRG-42 in .300mag.