Sign in to follow this  
Christien

Model 1 sales

Hey guys,

I've been looking into getting a m4-car15, preferably pre-ban and stumbled across Model 1 sales in a link from a topic in this section of the forums. I've been looking at the Preban m4 car15 kit but had some questions about what else I need to order. In the details it doesn't mention the lower receiver, so presumably it doesnt ship with one? Also, I hate to ask a dumb question, but what's the difference between 5.56 nato and .223 rem? I want the a2 upper receiver and collapsable butt stock. What am I looking at to get the lower receiver if it does not come in the kit?

i payed $120 for my striped lower, and yes that is all that is missing from the kits. there is no need for the FFL that way. just make shure you are geting the stripes one, or are gonns jst order the full upper.

I was just ordering the upper kit, then I was going to order the lower through my ffl. How much guarantee do I have that the lower receiver I buy will fit the upper kit?

the difference in .223 and 5.56 is very small. Uppers chambered for the .223 are a little tighter and most of these are competition guns or ones designed for super accuracy. A rifle chambered for 5.56 will shoot both 5.56 and .223 ammo but im not sure it works the other way around.

If you get a kit it comes with everything you need except the stripped lower. The lower is the only part designated as a firearm by the BATF so it must be purchased through an FFL or private party.

This is something I have often wondered about. This says its pre-ban, to make a legal rifle would you have to buy a pre-ban lower with it? As far as I understand you do, but I figure I may as well ask

That's what I thought. I don't even plan to do anything gun wise for a couple of months when I get some money, but it made me curious if I was right.

Hello. I would like to buy a complete rifle kit from model 1 sales. When I order this, does it all come mostly assembled or what is the deal.

Also, it looks like rock river arms recievers are pretty good. So if I got one of those in 5.56 caliber, it would work right correct? Also, how hard would it be to put the reciever on, and how hard would it be to put the kit together if it doesn't come assembled?

Forgive me I have never done this before, though I do love AR-15 style rifles.

I am just very eager for this ban to pass.

Thank You.

Hello.  I would like to buy a complete rifle kit from model 1 sales.  When I order this, does it all come mostly assembled or what is the deal.

Also, it looks like rock river arms recievers are pretty good.  So if I got one of those in 5.56 caliber, it would work right correct?  Also, how hard would it be to put the reciever on, and how hard would it be to put the kit together if it doesn't come assembled?

Forgive me I have never done this before, though I do love AR-15 style rifles.

I am just very eager for this ban to pass.

Thank You.

98220[/snapback]

The kit comes with everything all disassembeled but no lower reciever. I have heard good things from rock river and its not that hard building one. My uncle built 2 by looking at a exploded diagram of an AR-15.

Edited by Fullmedaljacket8

Hmm ok.

They have tools for sale there... would I actually need any of those or is this something that can be accomplished with just tools in a normal household.

Normal meaning a household that doesn't normally build guns but fixes cars, motorcycles, the house, etc.

Thanks again!

Yes, you can build one.

If you have a basic auto mechanics tool set, and AR kit from Model 1 Sales should not be a problem. The upper receiver should already be barreled and headspaced with a matching bolt.

Actually, I would suggest making sure you have a good drift punch (1/8") and a small hammer for it. An allen wrench set, and a good screwdriver set. Thats about it.

After you build one, you will be amazed on how easy it is. You can put one together in under an hour.

-Thed

Thanks so much guys....

This is it I am gonna save up for this.

My estimated cost with all the stuff I want is about 800... maybe a little more depending on the FFL transfer and shipping.

Also, is a 24 inch barrel too long to mount a bayonet on, and also, if I get a bipod does that restrict the mounting of the bayonet? Because I heard some bipods mount to where the bayonet attaches to.

THANKS! {luv}

Edited by ARRH86

I imagine the bayonet would stay on the lug but it would be only a couple inches long. I would stick to the 20 inch to keep it standard. Plus 24 would be toooooo long for me. Of course I do like short weapons but thats just me.

Edited by Fullmedaljacket8

That is correct, a 556 will shoot both fine, BUT YOU CANNOT USE 556 IN A 223 CHAMBER.

91408[/snapback]

Exactly, but if its chambered in 5.56, you can shoot both.

I would recommend getting it chambered in the nato caliber. I've found the nato ammo to be noticably hotter than 223 rem.

I just picked up 500 rounds of ss109 armor piercing off of gunbroker. Of course its only chambered for the 5.56 nato:)

RRA makes excellent lowers for the money. I got my upper kit from model1, and my lower off of gunbroker for 115. Its a stripped lower only...so your parts kit from model1 will be necessary.

If your wanting to go with a shorter barrel...18 in or so...get the 1/8 twist, if your going longer, stick with the 1/9 twist.

The only thing I'm going to change about my rifle below is to add a shooting weight to the rear....the SS heavy barrel is quite heavy...DUH!

I would like to put a flash hider on mine, but I've never seen one designed for a heavy barrel like mine...so I don't know what to do...might have to see a gun smith on it.

Other than that...have fun!

Edited by warlock

Thanks warlock.

I suppose this would be a question for model1 themselves, but on page 7 of their pdf catalog they have a 24 inch stainless steel A3 kit, with 1 in 9 twist. It says it is preban, and you have your choice of an A-1 or A2 flashhider.

Does that mean the stainless barrel on this kit actually is threaded for flash hiders, or does it just come with one permanently attached?

Thanks if you know or I could just be normal and call the company.

Thanks again all.

Warlock I wouldn't worry about the flash hider. Shes already a beaut! Just slap a collapsing stock on there and it shall be complete! :drul:

I thought about doing that....but shes not not an entry type ar, she's more a medium range tactical sniper.

:c)l:

Also what are the best kind of sights to get.

I want to get the A3 style like I said, with removeable carry handle. Should I get National Match sights? Whats the difference?

Also, the flat top that comes on the A3, is that a picatinny rail or what exactly is it called? edit: Oh wait is it a weaver rail system? Like I have said before I am not familiar with scope mounting systems and such.

Edited by ARRH86