Sign in to follow this  
Commissargribb

just spent 500 in stuff for my bushmaster...

I just spent about 500 on stuff for my XM15 E2

got a brass catcher

barrel wrench

5 round mag (for if i want to hunt with it)

aluminum M4 style tele stock

an M4 style pre-ban style upper (waiting for november!)

I'm very psyched to rotate back to the states and try this stuff out.

:c)l:

500? that's it? :rofl:

i have that in my flashlight alone. B{

do i have to count the 20 mags the case the red dot the mount and the three point sling.?

that's just one of them i still need to pimp out my other one.

ain't it great. :beer:

i wonder if the military would notice if i returned my issue rifle with an AR15 lower... NO! NO! BAD THOUGHTS! KEEP... OUT... OF... MY... MIND...

they would notice, but if the lower is badley damaged, or lost in combat....

Welcome to the club, mine ran over 1000 with everything:)

I also got 4 labelle teflon 30 rounders and 4 Thermold 30 rounders. That wasn't cheap either!

Edited by warlock

You could go with an AK, and get it for half the price, but not as badass looking as an AR.

B{

or for around $550 you can put together a "pure" AR. that is one for those who dont need so much hitting at 50 yards.

well i already spent 700 on the bushy- just getting mods so i can make it into an M4 if i so choose.

hey- this upper i got has a flat top- can i just get an M16A3 carry handle to put on it or will the stock A3 handles not fit on a regular piccatiny rail?

Bah to the carry handle....unless you want it completely stock with iron sights.

If your going to scope it out...the carry handle will not hold its zero well at all compared to A3 Flatop.

Also because the rail will lift the optics up significantly, you may need to add a cheek rest to bring it to the proper eye level.

Flat top is better IMO.

yeah what he said the only downside to the cheekrest that i have seen so far is it throws off the iron sights in the fact you have to move your head lower and your cheekweld is diffrent and you may not be able to see the iron sights at all......flattop is better........

I personally hate the carry handle, I can never keep my eyes lined up with the sights, and lets not mention adding a scope on top of that crap. I like my sight line nice and low, so I have a place to really press my cheek.

Guest yonderway
You could go with an AK, and get it for half the price, but not as badass looking as an AR.

B{

77460[/snapback]

Which would you rather be holding when the zombies attack?

a SAW!

Bah to the carry handle....unless you want it completely stock with iron sights.

78418[/snapback]

that's the idea- then i can drop off the handle and add a scope if i want to go that route- though i probably would rather just scope out my long rifle upper instead and switch back and forth

78464[/snapback]

a boomstick and a chainsaw. :c)l:

a SAW!

78475[/snapback]

Chain, M-249 .. or both :c)l:

I'll go with something mounted on a black hawk so I can get the Hell out of dodge, but that's just me :D

Unless the zombies have RPG's ...

Edited by Fox

Centerfire Systems has a detachable carry handle for $40 with sights.

I understand the advantages for ranged shooting with optics or a scope. But the flexibility of classic irons cannot be ignored. From 30 feet to 300 meters, iron sights give an aiming system that can be used for most any reasonable range quickly.

But then again, I have always had the philosophy that the purpose of a pistol is to buy me time to get to a rifle B{

When I wear my foil cap, and analyze fantasy SHTF scenarios of flesh eating Fienstienian Zombie Hordes, scoped rifles would not be ideal for defending my home, or surrounding area in the suburbs.

-Thed

Centerfire Systems has a detachable carry handle for $40 with sights.

I understand the advantages for ranged shooting with optics or a scope. But the flexibility of classic irons cannot be ignored. From 30 feet to 300 meters, iron sights give an aiming system that can be used for most any reasonable range quickly.

But then again, I have always had the philosophy that the purpose of a pistol is to buy me time to get to a rifleĀ  B{

When I wear my foil cap, and analyze fantasy SHTF scenarios of flesh eating Fienstienian Zombie Hordes, scoped rifles would not be ideal for defending my home, or surrounding area in the suburbs.

-Thed

79085[/snapback]

exactly! and if i need a scoped weapon- *clicks off take down pins...swaps 16" upper for 22" upper... clicks on take down pins... pulls charging handle..*

i can leave my long rifle upper scoped for accuracy.

thanks for the help, thed!

I've got around $1600 in mine, all told. That's after the Knight Armament rail system and the Aimpoint COMPM2. PLus I don't have to worry about hi caps I've got about 15 old 30 rounders that work great.