Sign in to follow this  
ar15762

ar15 7.62 mags

I have just bought a colt sporter light weight cal 7.62 bottom reciever not sure what the top is but it shoots fine blahblha... well lets get to the chace. it came with 10 mags all of them are different... i have 2 colt stamped 7.62 5 rounders.. but they don't seem to work very well..

I have 3 ak type ones that don't have anything stamped on them although one has a tag on it that says, COLT CPTR 7.62 20 rounds this clips work fine... the ak ones

well i was wondering if there are any magazines that have the original ar15 look that work with the 7.62 round magazine that accually works if any one could give me a link or some information on this give me a holler thanks B{

:c)l: Straingely enough I just brought my Colt Rooski out of the safe to see how it would run. Last time I shot it in a little match the mags created a lot of grief. As to your question and what my experience has shown:

Many AR .223 mags will work in your weapon but consistant feeding will be at about round 6 thru 8, the natural stacking curve of the round being the problem.

I have two Colt 7.62 marked 5 shot mags and they work fine. Guess I was luckier than you. The curved AK type with the straight mag well portion 'after markets' that I have (2 32 rounders and one 41 rounder) seem to work fine, at least today. You will know the difference when you reach under them to tap them to insure they are seated in the mag well. Not much flat surface to slap. I have an after market 20 rounder that is unmarked and it is so much junk metal. I picked up a nylon ten rounder that is really clean, is just about mag well length and works fine, again no markings.

I shoot mousegun ARs most every day and the 7.62X39 is kind of a welcome change. A pretty good wild pig cartridge/gun too.

I do spend some extra time cleaning out the gas system since I don't trust all the foreign ammo with "Non-Corrosive" markings. Maybe.....but I am never sure.

Hope you get it up and running.

I have a Model 1 Sales 7.62 Upper and I got the 20 rnd AR 7.62 magazines from Cheaper Than Dirt to work fine. Surprisingly, I couldn't ever get the 10 rd DPMS magazines to work worth a damn.