Sign in to follow this  
macho999

Does anyone have the ar15 sight in target?

After having my 16" J&t/Double Star build for over a year now I think it's about time to sight the girl in. I remember seeing a USMC sight in target once that had a grid and all that on it so you could sight it in easily. I'm working on getting one of those front sight tools so I really want to make this happen.

dose any one have a mil. spec. 25 yard zero target that they have (or can) scan in?

dose any one have a mil. spec. 25 yard zero target that they have (or can) scan in?

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Each square= so many clicks left or right and so many turns of the front sight.

we are looking for one of there to the right scail.or if any one knows how far appart the lines are sposed to be?

This may be a stupid question, but the Bushmaster sight in target is for the “A-2” style, is there a difference between A-2’s and A-3’s ? .. (keeping in mind every thing is from bushmaster, IE, I’m not using third party sights)

I believe they are referring to the A2 rear sight and not the rifle itself. The A1 and A2 rear sights are the only styles of sight I've heard of.

we are refering to the sight set up, the M16 A1 had a diffrent frount and rear from the M16A2 and there by a diffrent target. as for the A3's i aint shure what it is or what sights it has.

A3 is flat-top I beleive.

-Thed

Yes, it is a flat top, forgot to clarify :D ,I’m looking around for that exact quote on the target .. well as soon as I find it.

with much thanks to Hawmarine i give you the elusive ansers.

Ok I wanna say one inch. Here is the link to the M16 Manual. Has the Zeroing target in it.

http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll...2.9/c05.htm#5_2

Actually. Thier is another way. Take a 8x11 1/2 piece of paper. Mark 1/2 apart lines vert and horizontally on it. Mark of 25 Meters. Shoot your groups and count the lines. I was wrong before the lines are 1/2 apart Im pretty sure. You can measure it when you priont it from the manual. That is actually size so it should work for you. The ballistics are the same as 300m at 25 M (36 Yds). So by moving the front sight you will move the strike of the round 1/2 or 1 inch at 300 yds. I cheat I have a lazer boresight. 223 round that when you chaber turns on the lazer. Makes it very easy.

Jeez you could have speel checked it for me first Emclean. I am almost positive it is 1/2 inch on the line size. I will make a phone call first thing in the morning to my rangehouse and have one of the guys measure it for me.

After having my 16" J&t/Double Star build for over a year now I think it's about time to sight the girl in.  I remember seeing a USMC sight in target once that had a grid and all that on it so you could sight it in easily.  I'm working on getting one of those front sight tools so I really want to make this happen.

DONT BUY A FRONT SIGHT TOOL!!!! HEre is a trick for you . Get a small nail to depress the detent and spring in the front sight. Take a #2 pencil with a eraser on it. After you depress the detent shove the pencil eraser down on the front sight. Turn however much you need it, just count the cut outs on the sight as they go bye so you know the clicks. Eraser should work a couple dozen times before it wears out and you need a new one.

Ok it is right at half an inch. ( I called one of my guys at home on duty and had him go in my desk and measure it ). YOu can print it from this link, it is to scale. Use the second target marked M16A2 not the top one marked M16A1.

Zeroing Target

Happy Shooting ok>