Sign in to follow this  
warmachine

Bushmaster M4 Lower

I just bought a preban upper receiver of a Bushmaster M4, in hope of building a preban and not spending so much.....to my knowledge(as i just found out), buying the lower requires an FFL? So in other words, do i need a license for the lower receiver? I can only imagine that would be because the preban labvel only applies to a receiver once part of an actual operating weapon, but suppose i found a used receiver?

any help is most appreciated, thanx.

The lower reciever is the only part that is considered a weapon and needs an ffl. I'm not clear as to what else you are asking.

i'm not clear here either.

if you have the upper but no lower you will need to find a VERIFIED pre-ban lower basically a complete gun that has serial numbers that the factory can verify was built into a complete weapon before the ban.

now the other part. if you find one online say you will need a dealer for the transfer or you find one in a gun shop the dealer will run a NICS check and your good to go.

hope that helps.