Sign in to follow this  
Lrdchaos

New mags

I just purchased a 20, and 30 rd mag for my olympic arms car97 m4. The 20 fits good but the 30 you have to push pretty hard to get in, and it doesn't snap in like my 2 other clips. Will it hurt the gun to use this clip? When it is all the way in it finally locks in, like the other clips but you have to press pretty hard to make it lock.

my recommendation would be to compare that mag to another that slides in easily and see if there are spots where the ill fitting one is catching and causing friction and then see if you can file it down.

As long as it functions properly when it's in then I wouldn't worry too much. I smack the piss out of mine regardless of how easily they go in. The thing is a battle rifle, not fine china.

As long as it functions properly when it's in then I wouldn't worry too much.  I smack the piss out of mine regardless of how easily they go in.  The thing is a battle rifle, not fine china.

some might dissagree to that comment ;)

Haha they might. If I have to treat it like glass then I dont want it. That's just my opinion and what I want out of my guns. If everybody wanted the same thing then there wouldn't be any variety in life.