Sign in to follow this  
Commissargribb

Alterations To Bushy Ar-15s

i have a bushmaster XM-15 E2 (post ban) AR-15 style and i've been thinking about getting a shorter M4 type upper for it. Would i be able to get a 2nd upper and interchange them quickly or would doing so require alteration (assuming i get a bushy or compatible upper)?

You should be able to interchange the uppers easily. When you change calibers, that may require some alterations such as buffers and bolts.

Just be advised that if your Bushmaster is a "Post-ban" you may not put a shorty upper on it if it makes the rifle into a "Pre-Ban". This means the upper may not have any of the evil features (bayo lug, grenade launcher, etc) and the length of the barrel may be an issue as well.

well techically the lower reciever is neither pre or post ban and as it's only half a weapon....

but i digress- i dont think anyone i know would care.

well techically the lower reciever is neither pre or post ban and as it's only half a weapon....

legally speaking, the lower receiver IS the gun. so wether it's pre or post ban makes all the difference in the world.

....till september at least.

alright, so legal points aside, i should have no problems taking the upper for a .223 M4 rifle and putting it on my rifle (minus how it would look without the collapsable stock).

as long as it is a "pots ban" upper (no baynet ect) and over 16" it will be fine.

legal points aside you could put any AR15/M16/M4 upper on any lower. you could mount a 7" abrrle on any lower. they are all made to (alomst) the same specs.

legal points aside you could put any AR15/M16/M4 upper on any lower. you could mount a 7" abrrle on any lower. they are all made to (alomst) the same specs.

THAT was the answer i was looking for