Sign in to follow this  
m_zwerlein

Ar-15 9mm Mag Conversion

well i'm thinking REAL serious about a 9mm upper and converting one of my ARs to 9mm dedicated. now i've been reading modified uzi mags or colt mags work best but colt mags are like 75 to a hundred bucks a pop screw that and uzi 32 round mags are around 45 bucks, does anyone do sten mags since they are like 5 to 10 bucks a pop seems this would work since they look pretty much the same.

any help would be great thanks

I also would like the sten block. The guy that was working on one to sell disappeared off the boards.

I use the VM-Hytech block with UZI mags. I have had good luck with MecGar 32 rnd. Uzi mags from CDNN for $30 each. Course you have to do some filing to your magblock to get them in. But I am using a colt 9mm upper which requires that the mag sit in the middle of the magwell, as does Rock River I believe. This block only works with Colt type uppers.

I'm thinking there are some blocks for sten to fit the oly's, etc since they don't have to sit in the middle. In other words you are more likely to be able to use sten mags if you don't get a colt type upper.

so far i'm leaning towards RRA just because of price and my dislike of colt.

i found the mag conversion info on quarterbore.com about what mods need to be done to the mag but nothing on how to make the mag well block and then how to pin it and make it look like factory i don't want to drill three holes in my receiver and then rivet them in i would rather have a mag block and then weld it fron underneath.