Sign in to follow this  
Tacman605

Busmaster Ar-15a3

One of my officers just had me order him a new Bushmaster AR-15A3 shorty. The gun sounds pretty good I have never owned one. I tried to talk him into a Colt but the Bushmaster was cheaper.

We get the guns for $749.00 officer price. He ordered ten 30 rd mags and ten 20 round mags for $10.50 each. I tried to talk him out of the 30 rounders also but he had to have them. I was surprised to learn that bushmaster is making their own mags. Are they contract mags or do them make their own? The gun will be in Monday so I will get a chance to play with it.

Anybody with a Bushmaster have any comments or problems with them? He has 5 days to return the weapon if there is any problem with it. I will just stick with my Colt it holds its value better.

Tac, I have three and never a problem. Good equipment.

You wouldn't consider selling off some of those excess mags would you? I would give ohh lets say 11 bucks a piece for them. Can you say Tacman retirement fund.

Put the cuffs away just kidding (well kinda)

Anybody with a Bushmaster have any comments or problems with them?

I have a Bushy A3 upper (post-ban, 16"), as well as other Bushmaster parts on my rig, and it's all been great for me... would definitely recommend their parts to others.

- Jon

I saw that ad Tac... The A2's were a little cheaper... I have a buddy that just ordered one of both. I was thinking about ordering one. I can't remember the website, or the store name though. It said for a limited time, did they tell you how long that is?

-vic F}

i have an XM15 and i think it's great. seems a bit tighter built than the colts i've fired in the military. Sometimes i wish i could take it instead of my issued weapon.

The bushy came in today. The rifle seems pretty tight. I have forgotten how light a basic rifle was. The mags all are new with bushmaster floorplates. The 20 rounders have a slight curve to them which was different.

I mounted his aimpoint with a GG&G mount. Still waiting for his flip up rear sight. I was impressed with the quality of the rifle overall we will see how it shoots.

We got this one from GT Distributors out of Texas this is there normal price I guess of course they will probably go on sale tommorow.

I recently got myself a Bushy, Tac. REAL nice! I've tried various mags in it and the only ones it doesn't like are a couple of steel 30-rounders (each locks the bolt open before feeding the last round). Though it's 2nd-hand, I bought it in "like-new" condition (...not any more! heh-heh.) My only complaint is the pinned-on muzzle brake wiggles a bit - I'm still figuring what to do about that.

my bushmaster's pins and some of the moving parts seem a bit sticky when i strip it. Is this something that improves with use? my weapon is practically new

my bushmaster's pins and some of the moving parts seem a bit sticky when i strip it. Is this something that improves with use? my weapon is practically new

Sounds like dried oil on the parts, which will yield to a detail-strip of the action and thorough scrubbing.

If you mean the pins and parts are very tight-fitting, yes, that tightness will ease a bit with use, though I'd prefer the takedown and hinge pins stay snug. If the tight-fitting parts bother you, or especially if the tightness affects reliable function, detail-strip the rifle and look for burrs or grit on the moving parts (the simple act of detail-stripping the AR15 will ease some of the clearance between moving parts, which is why you don't go any farther than field-stripping for routine cleaning and maintenance).

i've already detail stripped, cleaned and lubricated my weapon. I was talking about the takedown pins and the firing pin holder (?) which seems kinda hard to get out without effort. I like to keep it where i can pop it open, clean it and shut it in a few moments without worrying about stuck parts.