Sign in to follow this  
FULL_AUTO_990

D.c. Sniper Rifle?

i was wondering the same thing. quite frankly, this question seems rather inappropriate and i don't think it belongs on the boards.

HOLD ON, I am an Army Ranger/Sniper and that piece of crap doesn't qualify to lick my boots. Do not think for one second to place myself and him in the same catagory. No real sniper I know would ever consider him anything more than a punk. F_

Now again this is a public forum please do not drag down the quality of ppl here with comments like that.

dude he was doing one shot one kill, then the news made fun of him and said he coulndt do head shots, and then all his next victims were head shots, he was use to be in the marines, so he knew his s.hit!! so he is not a piece of crap if he is a good sniper, now killing his own was on the down side, and the ohio sniper was plainly just a fag.

His 1s1k were on unarmed ppl at close range, big woop. If he was all that put him in the places some of us have been and see what happens. My targets shot back. If you think 2 to 3 hundred yrds is long then you better learn the definition of a sniper. If he was a pro as you put it why did he never go to a sniper course and why did he get caught. The only real snipers I know that get caught are dead. Killed on the battlefield not on main street USA. What he did was not in the class of sniping just being a punk.

To all those reading this topic please do not take the above comments as the general feelings of the members of this forum. I believe I speak for all when I say the DC murderer is not idolized here.

im supprised he could make it over 20 posts before we found him out.

Malvo was a jack-@$$ monkey that shot unarmed civilians from close range with an under-powered varmit gun. lets review: idiot + no skills + close range + underpowered gun = Punk.

The D.C idiots were just war-mongering islamic extreemists. Just like the dirt were cleaning up in Iraq. You admire Malvo....thats the same as admiring the suicide bombers; with leads me to believe that you are one of them. With this brought to light i waould politely demand that youu never post here again. :b*k:

thanks full auto, for making me look like an ass for trying to help you on other threads. these are the kind of things that disgrace all of us that try our hardest to be responsible and law abiding gun owners. i hope the other members of the board don't construe my help to this person as a support of his ideals, but merely hold them in my intent, by trying to be a helpful and contributory member of this community.

e7, you pretty much said it best.

e7longrange, Thank you for upholding our values here. Cudos to you, my friend.

Ditto on that Trooper.

E7 knows his stuff...and no one on this forum who isn't already a legit sniper goes to tell him what he should or shouldn't know about sniping.

Basically I'm saying...you don't know sh*t, so STFU!

:rofl:

Edited by warlock

hey e7, I know that eventually I'm gonna get drafted and if anything else I'd like to be a sniper. I know snipers are not supermen, and their purpose is not to get as many kills as possible (althought there is alot of competition in the field to get the longest distance record) but that a snipers' purpose is to save as many lives as possible while taking as few as possible. I know the requirements to become a sniper are excruciating (I hear that its a 60% washout rate) what do you suggest I do to better prepare myself for this challenge?

Shoot, alot. Work out, alot. Learn to judge distance, everywhere. KIMS (keep in memory system) exercises, alot. Hunt and learn to live outdoors. I know these sound like hoaky things but it's these skills you'll draw from when you get there.

ok>

I've heard that elk are smarter than deer, is that true? Also I heard that the most often failed test is stalking.....how do I get good at it, learn how to track? and what does hoaky mean? (I live in a hole in the ground so i don't get out much j/k) And are there certain techniques to stalking? Do you know where I can get a field manual for Long Range Shooting (I've looked everywhere).

Ranger's... and sniper school... are something that is earned with years of dedication & service.

For instance... rangers.

You dont get out of boot camp & become a ranger.

First... you have to make it through boot camp & AIT.... then join an airborne unit & make it through airborne school.

Once you have accomplished this... you must serve with distinction... gain rank... and APPLY to go to the ranger school. Then you must pass it.. if accepted. Many dont.

I have a cousin who is a Path finder.... a silver star winner. He spent YEARS in the service... working hard... to get to that level. Its not just handed out after boot camp. ok>