Sign in to follow this  
Reich

Major Cycling Problems With Some Ammo

:-: Ok, a while ago I picked up a Bushmaster V Match, and I threw on one of those ACE stocks and a new grip, and every time I've gone out shooting with it since, it will not cycle most of the time on any ammo that I've tried, other than PMC, with which it works great.

I've got several other ARs and I've never had so much as a jam in the past, so I'm sadly inexperienced in AR trouble shooting.

So, does anyone know what the deal is? How can I fix this thing? I'm planning on customizing it, but I can't if it won't cycle.

On a side note, the fit and finish on this thing is awesome, and I’d highly recommend buying one, other than the fact that it seems to have some kind of issue that I need to fix

Nah, I haven't touched the gas tube. I thought it night have something to do with the stock, but it onlt contains the recoil-buffer tube thing.

My first thoughts are take a look at the buffer and buffer spring, also the retaining tit in front of the buffer. Sounds like something is jammed up there. This would cause malfuctions. When you replaced the stock did you screw it in all the way?

I'm sure the tolerances are also very tight on such a quality AR as that.

That can be a disadvantage when shooting a variety of ammo B{

I would start by checking the Gas tube as all ready mentioned. Make sure it isnt bent. Easy way to check is Clear the weapon break it down, hold the upper receiver in your hand muzzle pointing toward the floor. Take your pinky and instert it into the Bolt Carrier end. Slowly move it up and down and ensure it moves freely with no pinching. Then I would check the gas key. Make sure it is tigh and not loose and that the key isnt pinched. Next I would check the buffer tube. Make sure it is tight and not moving. We use red lock tight on the ones here at work to keep them from coming lose. Next I would check the buffer. Make sure it isnt cracked or has any pieces missing. Might even concider changing out the buffer to a heavier one ( just fixed a Vmatch that had the same problem and I fixed it with a heavier buffer ). Here is the link to the one I used Buffer. If you decide you want it. Let me know I can get it for you cheaper. And if all that doesnt work. Then you have a hunk of junk that is unrepairable and ill take it off your hands for $50.00 and rebuild it.