Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Sniper: "i Shoplifted Rifle"

SN/

I'd put my money on browning. He seems more like a guy that would live in a combat situation. Asian on the other hand would run out of ammo without hitting anything.

>45... I'd put your money on me dude! :D

I've fired well over 100,000 rounds downrange... and have seen combat as well. I was a US marine during the first gulf war. I've enjoyed shooting, for accuracy, everything from .22's to bolt action 6.5x55 Swedish Mausers...

Here's a target I fired awhile back... to help you decide. It shows a group of 13 rounds of 9mm, fired from 15 yards, standing, from one of my pistols. Thats a standard playing card.

No offense agaisnt Asia... but a MAK 90, fired from a standing position at a target at 100 yards, is going to have a very hard time besting a Rock River arms AR-15 with a DPMS 16" bull barrel upper. Reliability wont be an issue either...

Just making a point is all.... Asia is a nice guy, and I know he loves his rifle too, but its not the "only" way to go.... :D

nice. ok>

truth is. both rifles are great but both have their shortcomings. they have their own particular niches to fill and they both hit the spot with flying colors. it's always good to be open to what's happening on both sides of the fence. mechanically, i don't know which of them i can say is better.

but experience, know-how and training are what makes the shooter the best there is and not the equipment. i'll put my money on browning.

you better win or i'll come after you. :D

I like the AK style rifles as well. But I've fired enough of them at 100 yards to know they dont group so much as "pattern" like a shotgun. If I had to fight a battle "close up" in the jungle, I may opt for an AK style rifle, only a quality made one like a VEPR. But in normal settings... I cannot discount the AR's quality of manufacture, its accuracy, or the vast amount of ammo one can carry.

I understand that alot of folks dont trust the AR style rifles due to problems with them years ago. But that was years ago.. and the rifles of today are not the same. I've got buddies who've fired thousands of rounds downrange from bushmaster's... without a single jam. Mine has proved to be pretty awesome as well.. although it hasn't be broken in fully yet.

My only point... and I hope it was a polite one, to asia, was that while i know he loves his rifle, and has every right too, he can't really claim "mystical" properties about it. If faced with having to "back it up".... he may find that the MAK 90 has some shortcomings. I didn't say that to make him feel bad, or trash his gun. But he sorta opened the door by continually trashing MY gun... and saying his gun was better.. the ultimate rifle, better than all. So I decided a friendly wager may be in order... :D

my experience tells me that there's no such thing as the ultimate rifle. or it just hasn't been designed yet. both guns have individual roles to fill and they both have advantages and disadvantages. i only pick what works for the job ahead. if an ak fits it and we have one with ammo in our armory, i'd use it.

Edited by 45operator

U> up close and personal encounters. the kind of situations where you need a lot of rapid-fire stopping power and you don't need to do a lot of aiming but need a bit more accuracy than a shotgun or any handgun.

haven't seen too many of those anyway.

Edited by 45operator

yep. it would do the trick quite nicely. it would be like all of us were carrying a personal m60. U> only thing i hate about the m16 is the really poopy stopping power.

come to think of it. where's asian? T&

Edited by 45operator

i sent him a p.m. a few days ago. no reply. wonder what happened to him. :unsure:

He's probably mad about the posts in the "tresspass", as I haven't seen him since that thread.

I didn't mean to piss him off to the point of leaving... but I had to say something then, as it was just too much. This isn't the first time we got into it & he decided to leave. Its too bad....

it's too bad. to tell you the truth, asian's a great guy but he needs to get rid of the tough guy - one track mind attitude. it pays to be open to the opinion of others. in your mind you might think you're right but in the eyes of other people, you're the world's biggest fool. i just hope he doesn't get himself hurt or killed because of it. {"<

i learned that the hard way. luckily, i didn't lose my life because of it. {:}

True. We all sorta went through that phase when we were younger. But, you sorta have to listen to guys who've been there & at least try to learn. Asia seemed to get mad everytime someone didn't agree with his thinking.... and sooner or later, it may bite him in the ass if he isn't careful.

i myself almost kicked the bucket once due to my obstinacy. hope that happens to nobody else. hope he's ok.

know what? there's one thing that you guys take for granted that i cannot have over here. i may have access to a lot of cool hardware and have the privilege to own a few, but i cannot own a personal reloading machine. they're illegal to own unless you're a gun club (as a whole with no less than 16 members) or gun store.

it's a pain when people try and stiff you out on your loadings so they could make an extra buck or two. i've had underloads, overloads, changed or stolen brass, duds - you name it.

We do have those over here, true.... but .... for most uses, the reloaded ammo actually turns out to be more expensive unless you buy the components to makes thousands of rounds. Pistol ammo... and alot of the rifle calibers are obnly reloaded for that "custom" feel... to be fired for target or hunting. Most of our commercial ammo is so good now, there's really no "need" to reload in order to find an accurate load for you gun.

I think its more of a hobby now... D>

on your side it may be true. but here the it's a different story. let's take the 45acp as an example, cheapest factory round (armscor .45acp ball) over here goes for 16 - 18 pesos or 29 - 33 cents u.s. a pop while a completed reload may cost only 11 to 13 pesos or 20 to 24 cents u.s. with empty shell included. i save five pesos or 9 cents per pop at least. that translates to almost two dollars per hundred rounds. that's a big thing over here.

I bet... Armscor ammo over here sells for like $7.00 a box for .45!

I'd be scared of the reliability factor though....

you're right on the money.

wow. they're actually cheaper over there than over here in the country where they're made. the first batches were bitches all. i use the ones made in '03 (they're stamped with that on the shell casings). pretty reliable for their price. the '03 m16 ammo's pretty good. accurate too. gone through a lot of them already. no duds or whatnots in the new batches. must be because of the climate difference. SN/

Edited by 45operator

We do have those over here, true.... but .... for most uses, the reloaded ammo actually turns out to be more expensive unless you buy the components to makes thousands of rounds. Pistol ammo... and alot of the rifle calibers are obnly reloaded for that "custom" feel... to be fired for target or hunting. Most of our commercial ammo is so good now, there's really no "need" to reload in order to find an accurate load for you gun.

I think its more of a hobby now... D>

I might get into reloading someday, it might be useful if certain calibers (.50) are outlawed, if imports of other calibers get rare, or if SHTF. But right now I look at the Dillon Blue Press catalogs mostly for the girls D>

I've heard, though, that if you use a handloaded round to shoot someone in self defense the DA might choose to prosecute and say you were cooking up "super lethal ammo" which "is only meant to kill" or something like that. Dunno if it's ever happened but I could, sadly, imagine it.

It has happened... thus Massad Ayoob's info on not using reloads for defense.

Sorry .45... I didn't mean armscor reliability.. I meant reload reliability. D>

BigMallad73 I cant believe you said That! The Branch Davidians did not shoot up the ATF and FBI. Theres a video you need to see I cant remember the name of it. You can clearly see all the agents firing and no shots being returned from their building. Also, the FBI said that the davidians burned themselves and their children and their building, commiting mass suicide. not true. How do I know? Because you can see a Vietnam Era tank that they ILLEGALLY used with a FLAMETHROWER on the top of it. The tank moves in, crushes a hole in the wall of the building, and shoots bursts of flame inside. That is how the fire started! The Branch Davidians wanted no trouble, they were called a cult and crazy because it was basically a large group of people who were not "normal" and they liked guns. Calling anyone a cult gets public opinion against them.

study this case a little but mallard, im totally serious.

ARRH86, I've seen that video. In my opinion, the Davidians were definately a few bricks short of a load, BUT, they did not start the trouble, the ATF did. As long as they weren't bothering anyone, it was within their rights to be crazy!