Sign in to follow this  
Fullmedaljacket8

My M-4 Project For September

Hey guys I plan on buying a M-4 Carbine pre-ban kit from My Webpage. And Im probably going to buy a stripped (post-ban) lower this summer from a Gun Show. Also the forged reciever is better than the cast? I can build this the day the ban sunsets right? Or if it does sunset (I PRAY!!! {p,} ) Well I totaled it all up its going to cost me about $675. So what do you guys think? I think im gonna go with the green furniture. B{ Any info will be appreciated.

Edited by Fullmedaljacket8

Looks pretty cool. From my understanding forged is almost always better than cast. The machining involved is usually more precise and of better quality. Also I would add that there is a company (can't remember the name at this moment) that actually makes recievers that are 80% complete. This is 100% legal but according to the BATF, but YOU (the purchaser) must complete the rest of the process YOURSELF. But the cool thing is that this company (in the NE) has an Open House in which they allow you to use their equipment for free and show you how to complete the rest of your reciever. Ane the best thing is that the gun has no serial # and is 100% legal. Although you would be in violation of the AWB to outfit it with am M4 kit such as you have planned :lol::lol: . You know who makes this kit you will be buying? You gettin the collapsable stock?

Man, I haven't even made any plans yet for the sunset. I think that we need to have a party to celebrate the sunset....

-vic F}

Although you would be in violation of the AWB to outfit it with am M4 kit such as you have planned :lol:  :lol: . You know who makes this kit you will be buying? You gettin the collapsable stock?

I won't be in violation when the ban sunsets. And yea im gettin all the pre-ban goodies. :D Model 1 makes the kit they are a good business cheap and good quality. And they are milspec.

Man, I haven't even made any plans yet for the sunset.  I think that we need to have a party to celebrate the sunset....

-vic F}

We need to have a party BAD! We need 2 like buy 1000 pizzas, bring all of our fun stuff for the ban, and go to Brownings BDA's house the night of the AWB sunset, get some tattos and build some guns woohoo yea!!! :c)l:

Looks pretty cool. From my understanding forged is almost always better than cast. The machining involved is usually more precise and of better quality. Also I would add that there is a company (can't remember the name at this moment) that actually makes recievers that are 80% complete. This is 100% legal but according to the BATF, but YOU (the purchaser) must complete the rest of the process YOURSELF. But the cool thing is that this company (in the NE) has an Open House in which they allow you to use their equipment for free and show you how to complete the rest of your reciever. Ane the best thing is that the gun has no serial # and is 100% legal. Although you would be in violation of the AWB to outfit it with am M4 kit such as you have planned :lol:  :lol: . You know who makes this kit you will be buying? You gettin the collapsable stock?

If you could find the name of the company, I'd greatly aprreciate it. Always up for a lil open house/mill work..

;)

Domino, I too wouldn't mind doing a little machine work. Feel free to E-mail me when the name of that place comes to mind. :D Tried doing a search for it online, and didn't find anything. :unsure:

I have had a gunsmith tell me the difference between forged and cast is minimal. The problem with cast is they can get air bubbles and other imperfections in them, so forged has better results. But, he says that many companies have better quality control now, they x-ray their receivers and if the cast receivers have issues they melt them down and recast till they get it right. I imagine he honestly believes it since he had both types of receivers and tried to sell me the cheaper kind.

Has anyone else heard about this either way?