Sign in to follow this  
Handcannon

Who Makes The Best Ar15?

I don't know a lot about it just wanted some opinions on which one is the best as far as accuracy, reliability, and cost margin, forget the cost who has the baddest one out ther right now?

I can't really give you a comparison, however I own two Bushmasters. IMO they are outstanding. Some of the guys talk about Model 1's. You might check them out I have never used them before. My vote is for Bushmaster.

D.P.M.S. gets my vote i will put it up against any colt or bushy :D

not complaining about colt or bushy well maybe colt they are a bit proud of thier stuff but for the price ya can't beat the d.p.m.s. i have that one and a pre-ban oly and the oly can kiss my ass and stay in the case cause it sucks bad(course maybe if i re-headspaced it and got the bugs worked out of the carrier it might work better but why i have the other one and it has never missed a beat. just my .02)

I have always owned Colt's. I have shot bushmaster, DPMS etc. and couldn't really tell a difference.

I got a flyer today from rock river arsenal about their AR's I'm going to call tommorrow and see what there prices are like. All AR's are supposed to be mil spec as far as parts so it comes down to price. :ph34r:

DPMS are made to some of the tightest tolerances I've ever seen.

If you can get it transfered locally through an FFL holder...you'll get a better deal too. Bushies are nice...but way expensive....DPMS gives you some nice options and ends up being slightly less.

If I could do it again without going the KIT route...I wouldn't hesitate to go DPMS.

B{

Armalite....I'm still breaking in my AR-10A2. She has the stainless target barrel, and the 2 stage trigger. Shooting off-hand at 100yd targets....she deadly. Can't wait to get the scope in it! Mosquitoes beware! :c)l:

Armalite....I'm still breaking in my AR-10A2. She has the stainless target barrel, and the 2 stage trigger. Shooting off-hand at 100yd targets....she deadly. Can't wait to get the scope in it! Mosquitoes beware!  :c)l:

Mosquitoes? shoot son we used to shoot the peckers offa june bug at 300 paces with a .22. :lol:

Thats dang good M Zwerlein! I was talki'n about the Mosquitoes little sucker thing, I like to take them off just below the joint. &} Any hou.. Great signature. Can I copy it and send it around? :D

Hehe,

How did the topic go from AR-15s to hating the french?

I own DPMS, Bushmaster, and Rockriver Arms AR-15s.

I have to say out of all of the three I am tied with Bushmaster and Rockriver Arms. Both rifles have operated flawlessly with all types of ammunition. DPMS would be right up there if I didnt have the hang up with the Wolf Ammunition that one day (see my Wolf Ammunition Experiences post in the Ammo section). Other than that DPMS is made to very tight tolerances and with other ammunition operates flawlessly.

If you see anything with Hesse Arms written on it, Stay Away. I repeat STAY AWAY. I made the mistake of buying one long ago, and what a pile. Parts didnt fit right, the gas tube receptical on top of the bolt carrier wasnt aligned right with the gas tube, and became nicked and rattled loose every time you fired. Because of that it was one malfuction after another. I ended up junking the whole upper, and stripping the lower. I added on a RockRiver Arms post ban A2 with the Wilson Arms birdcage muzzlebrake permanently attached. Even with that, the lower fits extremely tight, and the takedown pin needs to be "helped" in with a rubber mallot everytime I put it together. The only things on that rifle that functioned properly are the lower assembly and the handguards.....which I have to say look pretty nice on my DPMS Preban A2 (replaced the old scruffed up ones). The gun functions extremely well now, that its got a new upper receiver.

Anyhow....Colts I know do well, as well as Armalites. I do not own any of these though since they are a little more dinero.

As far as the French are concerned. You have heard that they have a new Army Tank?

Its got 4 reverse gears and 1 forward. Thats just in case the enemy gets behind em.

Happy Shooting.....

Jeff

the best AR is made by YOU. it can be cheper, you get it just like you want it, and there will be few problems you will need to have a smith work on for you.

the best AR is made by YOU. it can be cheaper, you get it just like you want it, and there will be few problems you will need to have a smith work on for you.

Amen Brother!

Well, except for the smith part. AR rifles are pretty easy to work on.

-Thed

Edited by Admin

I have got Colt, Dpms, Armalite eagle and have had others. They are all about the same. Years ago before things got so standardized I had some EA crap, several to be exact. I have built all my ar's. You will be pleased with any modern maker, they all use the same mil spec type parts

Bob

I believe a lot of the parts by the different companies come from the same place so parts wise they are pretty much the same. The ar-15 is a parts gun anyway so whatever features you dont like one your particular rifle can easily be upgraded and replaced.

yes what macho said. if i wasn't so scared mine would never go back together i would put in a jewel trigger and an ambi saftey and mag release. but any more than a regular field strip and i'm in over my head. :ph34r:

exactly macho that's why if i REALLY need to clean mine or have it worked on

(haven't yet thank god) i drop it off at joe's house and he hands it to the LT who is the swat team armorer he has my oly now looking to see what all it needs for a re-finish and check up.

it's good to have low friends in high places. :D

Keep in mind - some make their barrels with chrom-mole not chrome.

I know BM, Colt and Armalite make chrome barrels which are better.

DPMS makes chrome-mole.

Just to let you know.

N/