Sign in to follow this  
peterin

Dpms

:far: I have me a bushmaster. Nothings wrong with it but the triggers kinda cheap. I've been looking at DPMS rifles for a change. A little more to it than that. But, what do people think of DPMS? Whats the word. Crap or Not Crap?

Trigger replacements are pretty easy. Not that hard to do.

I have used the Bushmaster and DPMS. I use DPMS parts in my homebuilt CAR15.

Personally I see little diference in either. Ever AR style rifle to me is essentially the same, it just depends on the customizations you do. I am sure that others will disagree. My experience with these two types is only one of the many different variations and types they offer. Without more information from you I do not think anyone will be of any help.

I tell this to anyone who wants an AR style rifle. Instead of buying one and paying alot for the same essential parts and an extra premium for a "makers stamp", try building your own.

There are many companies that sell parts kits for around $400+shipping.

A new reciever will cost $75-125 at a gunshow. $150 for name brand.

Israeli Orlite mags for $10 a piece.

You can have a nice rifle package w/mags for under $600. And you built it so you know it in and out. These kits are easy to build. With the knowledge you hgain you will be able do your own customizations that other Name Brand Makers do. For alot less $$$.

You could also "rebuild" your current Bushmaster and make a different variation of it.

You can get Stainless Match Uppers with bolt for under $300 that claim 1moa. (never tried them though)

Give us more info.

-Thed

I know that once upon a time DPMS was a defense procurement supplier, they made M16s and parts for the Military. So they should be capable of true milspec. Other than that, they are probably about the same as colt, oly, etc. I do know they only have a 1 year warrantly on their rifles - Olympic has them beat there with their Lifetime warranty.

Edited by rowden

I've had some extraction problems with my Panther M4. Still working on them (see my post in this forum), but at least DPMS paid all expenses to have me send the weapon back to them for testing. Course, they said there was "no malfunction".

Don't really know what else to tell ya. Jury's still out as far as I'm concerned. T&

i've got a d.p.m.s. and i love it.................2000 rounds and not one problem,as soon as funds allow i will buy another,and as soon funds allow again i will buy another and so on and so on. ok>

The only experience I've had with DPMS was a model RFA1-14C - and a great little gun it seems to be. My bro-in-law has it and it is a ball to shoot. Probably about 400 rds. now and no problems what-so-ever. There are some cool smilies here. :)(:

Hey, just a follow-up on my post about DPMS extraction problems. I spent $12 for a Buffer Technologies D-fender (it's a little rubber D ring you install under the extracter spring to put more muscle into the extracter). I installed it in my Panter M4 in about 60 seconds, and . . . IT WORKS!!! :lol:

No more extractor problems. Gotta love it. U> F}