Sign in to follow this  
m_zwerlein

Pistol Calibers.

i REALLY REALLY REALLY want a nine millimeter upper for a pre-ban ar i have after i shot one.anyone have one of these wanna give me a few pointers on what to look for who to buy from what i need to mod etc.

thanks

mike

There are a few out htere that caught my eye a while back.

As far as what I found, there are pretty much a universal upper, but the lower is goint to be different.

Some of these variants have a funky magazine that is designed to fit into a stock (5.56) magazine well. These are often expensive.

There is also an adapter that would allow you to use un modified (or modified depending on system) Uzi or Sten gun magazines. Personally this is the way I would go. Specifically the Sten magazines which can commonly still be found for $5 ea and are available in 25, 30, and sometimes 32-35 round sizes (I think India made some weird sized Sten mags).

As to where you can find these, and how much, I do not recall. But I figured you would appreciate the info ok>

-Thed

well after reading that so much for that plan.looks like the hammer has to be replaced as well as the buffer and spring and a few other parts.guess i'll just buy a dedicated AR in .9mm already done.

thanks for the link thed.

Just remember don't expect any great increase in penetration or velocity because you are shooting from a rifle.

I have fired the Colt 9mm SMG and while great fun to shoot they are still a 9mm.