13 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of this new lever action rifle from Mossberg

• Kill with fire
    • Tear my eyes out
    • Meh. I've seen worse
    • My precious
    • Work of Art

Mossberg 464 SPX Lever Action Rifle

New 'tactical' lever action rifle from Mossberg appearing at the 2012 Shot Show.

post-1-0-06482300-1326978831_thumb.gif

BRAND: Mossberg

MODEL: Model 464 SPX Lever Action Rifle

CALIBER: 30-30

FINISH: Blue

ACTION: Lever Action

STOCK: 6 Position Adjustable Synthetic Stock

CAPACITY: 6+1

SIGHTS: Fiber Optic

BARREL LENGTH: 16.25"

MSRP: $527.00

What Say You?

This is being sold as a 'tactical' rifle (whatever that is) in the land where anyone can walk in to any gun store...ANYwhere...and buy a semi auto M-4 look alike? An SKS? A semi auto AUG? Etc etc.

Um. Huh?

• Like 1

i thought that it wouldn't get worce than the "tactical dubble barrel shotgun" http://www.stoegerin...ble-defense.php

i was wrong. it reminds me a littel of the tac-cool franken mosin-nagot, but oh so much worse, consitering the number of people who could have looked at the design team and said NO!

Yeah, I immediately thought of CJ on this one. It just looks...steampunk...ish? Voted for burn with fire.

Jared

Like an AR and a model 94 had a baby. A very ugly baby. That should have been aborted. With fire. Note with all those rails, there seems to be no way to mount a red dot, the only possible redeeming quality it could have had...

I actually think that might make a good bizarro collector piece 20 -30 years from now.

I like cowboy shooters and m4s. It may be little ugly but i dont need my weapon to be pretty to hit the target

I like cowboy shooters and m4s. It may be little ugly but i dont need my weapon to be pretty to hit the target

You dont need all that stuff to hit the target either. But if it floats your boat more power to you. Have you fired one yet? I am interested in how it holds up and the ergonomics of rails on a lever action.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

I could almost get along with this thing if it weren't for the collapsible stock. Ergonomics look horrible.

I do wonder if it would make it easier to cycle the lever if there was a vertical foregrip mounted on that tri-rail.

I do wonder if it would make it easier to cycle the lever if there was a vertical foregrip mounted on that tri-rail.

John Wayne didn't need a vertical foregrip. :okay: (We need a John-Wayne-looking-bad-ass emoticon)

Jared

Update/P.S.:

John Wayne thinks you're a p#ssy.

john_wayne.jpg

130-116John-Wayne-Posters.jpg

Edited by JSheaHawk
Giving Knight crap

I wonder Jared, key word there! Wonder!

Really wishing I had pulled the trigger on that mare's leg now, so I could say something along the lines of "Real men just use one hand." Then cue the YouTube video of me shooting said mare's leg one-handed, then cycling the action and accidentally shooting myself in the stomach or something equally dumb...

I've always hated the feel of a nice quality wooden forend grip. Give me a jagged set of rails any day. Now that's comfort.