Sign in to follow this  
emclean

Just Right Carbine

a pistol caliber carbine, that comes in 9mm, .40, or 45 acp. what makes this interesting to me is that the magazine well can be swapped out easily. swapping calibers looks to be user level as well. another nice feature is that it is ambidextrous, charging handle, and ejection ports can be traded back and forth with some screws.

it has a modified AR lower (same trigger group, PG, and mag release in the same place), AR 6 position stock, and free floating hand guard.

to me the main detractor is no iron sights.

http://www.justrightcarbines.com/

I have been looking at the OL9-GL for a while, this is a real contender. less money, more versatility, and can take 1911 mags. any one know more about this thing?

And starting at $600, they're not ridiculously priced. How about you buy one and do a great review for us? And they have a full rail that you could mount iron sights to. I get your point though. I think they should at least come with some sights.

EDIT: Just watched the disassembly video. There is absolutely no field stripping this thing. You have to remove the stock and bolt handle to get the bolt out. http://www.justright...isassembly.html

EDIT 2: from the caliber change instructions:

[Note: If you are converting to a .45ACP or .45GAP

caliber the boss on the front of the trigger housing may protrude into

the center of the magazine well and prevent proper magazine

insertion. If so, you should take a file and reduce the overall length of

the post until it no longer interferes with magazine. DO NOT REMOVE

THE POST ENTIRELY, or you will be unable to reassemble your

carbine.]

Jared

How about you buy one and do a great review for us?

the idea is rolling around in my head, just need the money.

there are a couple of things that worry me about it, the 'file it down some' approach has me scratching my head. it sounds like somehting that should be taken care before it leaves the factory.

Straight blowback? That thing must have a 1 pound bolt and hell of a mainspring to shoot a .40. That worries me slightly, but I'd like to get a .45. I've been playing with making a .45 AR but this is simpler.

found two at the local gun store. no i didn't buy it, not enough in the fun fund. it looks ok, nothing stood out as bad with the rifle. there was a cheap crappy bu-pod stuck on the rail, but that might have been done at the shop.

handling it a little, i am still saving up for it, time will tell.

the store had two of them, one with a red dot abd sh*t bi=pod for 699, the other stock for 629.