Sign in to follow this  
emclean

Hi-Point

insted of talking baout how Hi-Point owners aer happy with there in expensive ugns, i jumped in and bought a model 995 carbine. it is one of the tac-cool models with rails and a forward PG. the but plate is spring mounted, and the gun heavy for what it is, both of which are good for my wife, a recoial wimp. (she uses a recoial pad on an AR)

i will post a review whenever i get it to the range.

Are they still using what appears to be an actual bolt (the threaded kind) for the bolt handle? I enjoyed shooting the 995, but that made me laugh.

Jared

Is it single stack? Any appeal they might have for me went away with them being single stack. 9mm carbine with 10rd capacity just isn't very exciting to me. I've always wanted one of the keltec's for that reason, but suppose you could get a couple hipoints for what they run.

Looking forward to see how it works out for you. I've seen lots of reviews on the handguns, but not much on the carbines.

the single stack is one of those things that dosent make sense to me. sure it was required '94-'04. but today they would sell more, and really compeat with the other pistol carbines if they changed.

my sub-2K cost me $300 used, the Hi-point was $250, so the price wasn't that different.

thread jacking my own thread, :hijacked: here is another view point about cheap guns.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/ayoob62.html

Indeed, good article.

Being the firearms enthusiast that I am I feel able to spend a rather large percentage of my not-inconsiderable income on firearms. I see no reason to buy a hi-point.

I am quick to condemn it, but a little audience analysis is a good thing. Who has the hi-point and why? There are circumstances where one should not look down your nose at someone for it.

Of course on the other hand if the person owns several ATVs and hunting rifles and still defends his wife and kid with a Hi-Point, I dont care if 8 pound 7 ounce baby Jesus comes down and tells me otherwise, the Hi-Point owner is a jackass.

Being the firearms enthusiast that I am I feel able to spend a rather large percentage of my not-inconsiderable income on firearms. I see no reason to buy a hi-point.

to point an giggle at the guys on the range who spent six times as much on their beretta storm/92fs combination, to punch the same holes in paper.

I say just get a sub 2000 and laugh at hi point and beretta storm owners.

got the sub 2K, and work for the man with the beretta.

the sub 2k didn't feel right to me till i added a folding PG on the front.

I have the Hi Point 4095. I got it because I'm a public school teacher and couldn't afford even the Kel-Tec at the time. Would I get a more expensive carbine if I were able? Sure. But I've run 700 rounds through her and haven't has a single hiccup. I will defend my car with the Hi-Point, but for now I will defend the wife and kids with the CZ. :D:

Hey this is a Gun Forum. If you want to discuss Hi Points, there is a fishing anchor forum elsewhere.

:kissass:

haters

do you own one?

My step dad had the 9mm rifle within 50-100 rounds the front sight and heatshield blew off for some reason. Lost some parts in the lake, working mans gun alright more like man working on gun...

i have well more that 100 rounds through my hi-point carbine, without any problems.

how did customer service treat him?

He didn't even bother. Never touched it or shot it after that incident. The rifle is probably in his closet somewhere.

ETA: He isn't really a gun guy he only has one other gun and its a shotgun.