Sign in to follow this  
emclean

AR parts, who has what, who needs what?

many of us have AR's that we are building, or improving. that leaves extra parts left over, or us short some. i thought why buy a part someone else has taking up space in a drawer. why keep the extra odds and ends cluttering up my drawer.

i am looking for any parts for the FCG, or mag release.

i have a excess full lenght buffer, and spring.

Funny that this topic came up. I could use a mil-spec, carbine-length buffer tube assembly (spring tube, buffer, etc.) if anyone has one lying around.

I have a mil-spec pistol grip and front sight assembly if anyone needs them.

front sight assembly

Good luck with that. Short of drilling/milling match cutouts it can be next to impossible to pin that FSP onto a barrel that wasn't drilled to mate with it. Obviously milling flats is the better option since it theoretically reduces stress on the barrel, but somebody would have to make sure they had the facilities or the hookups to get it done.

I have like 3 standard absolutely crappy trigger/hammer/disconnector assemblies. I think they each have stock spring setups to go with them, which can be replaced for lighter poundage.

Knight - it would have to be carbine length, sorry.

I have like 3 standard absolutely crappy trigger/hammer/disconnector assemblies.

oh, oh, oh, can i have a crappy assembly?

Any kind of box, tweezers, or syringe thingies are helpful.

hell, why didn't you say so earlier. i stood up, took four steps and grabbed 4-5 small syringes, and some blunts (like a needle, but blunt, great as precession oilers). i know i have a couple of extra tweezers at work from suture kits (single use kits, where everything is rarely used). I'll get a package out to you this week.

you have more lieing around than we do. along with all kinds of other stuff.

USPS picks up out where you are. aint it enough that i am paying for your ammo?

you have to your AR's like i did, buy the lowers and let them sit for two years first.

tell you what, I'll swap you one of my AR's for a couple trijicon's, but it is gonna be this AR

dscf0541jd.th.jpg

my mother disagrees, as do a couple of other females i know.

i can live with a purple 22lr AR, as long as i still have the others.

Purple AR... EPIC FAIL. Of course females think purple is cool.

we'll see after i post pictures of the ladies handling my gun.

you have to your AR's like i did, buy the lowers and let them sit for two years first.

Err almost 3 yrs here

Parts list:

Pivot pin

Take down pin

RRA trigger group

Trigger and hammer pin

All milspec

You guys complain about the pivot pin spring and detent, but the bolt catch roll pin was a pain in the ass for me. Pivot pin went in like butter.

but the bolt catch roll pin was a pain in the ass for me

i use vice grips, squeeze the pin part way (so it stays still) put in the catch and tap.

i tried to put together the lowers a few mouths ago, and for the life of me i could not get the hammer pin to line up with everything. I spent an hour fighting with it before walking away form another day. i had gotten too frustrated to do anything.

next time the thing went in easy as could be.

i use vice grips, squeeze the pin part way (so it stays still) put in the catch and tap.

i tried to put together the lowers a few mouths ago, and for the life of me i could not get the hammer pin to line up with everything. I spent an hour fighting with it before walking away form another day. i had gotten too frustrated to do anything.

next time the thing went in easy as could be.

I used vice grips all the way still mangled my first pin. Think i didnt have the bolt catch lined up perfect. Luckly the local gunshop gunsmith had 1 left even though the ass bag on the phone said they didnt out of lazyness.

Yes i agree the hammer pin can be both very easy and very frustrating.I bought a Geissele high speed, had to put it in and out several times to tune it.

I used vice grips all the way still mangled my first pin. Think i didnt have the bolt catch lined up perfect. Luckly the local gunshop gunsmith had 1 left even though the ass bag on the phone said they didnt out of lazyness.

Yes i agree the hammer pin can be both very easy and very frustrating.I bought a Geissele high speed, had to put it in and out several times to tune it.

Use a similar sized punch from the other side to run through as a slave pin and hold everything in alignment, keeps you from having to hold it all against spring tension. Like this.

25.JPG

we'll see after i post pictures of the ladies handling my gun.

Ewwww...

Make sure you tape off the area around the pin with electrical tape so you don't mar the lower by hitting it with your hammer.

Jared