Sign in to follow this  
kahr9mm

MK WHAT?

SO.. i have little money, but an itch that can only be scratched by more guns. so what do i buy? MILSURP. yummy. i've decided on lee enfield no 4, but not sure if i want an mk 1 or mk2. all i know is that i do not want the US made mk1*, it seems to be cheaplier(that's not even a word?) made due to heavier demands by the war. plus i like the big screw adjustment rear sight on the mk1 and 2. i guess my question is, what is the expected price difference between the two? it seems the mk2 are in the 400+ range (way to much imho) and the mk1's are 200ish but that's on gunmakemebroker.com. Is the price of the mk2 worth it? i know it has a trigger connected to the recievr, brass pins and beech wood, but that's the only difference i know. HELP!~!!!!~

CHEERS

Matt

this new obsession spawned after a recent visit to a Gander Mountain, where i hand-raped a few 7x57 (spanish?) mausers. gawsh i love the smell of Cosmoline.. ')

Heheh,... my son just picked a minty (90% condition) .303 Ishapore No1 MK III thats awful sweet, with 1907 bayo & cscabbard (original set up) for $275. I know its not what you are after.. but the rifle is a sweetheart, and accurate to boot.

The US made rifles were actually made by savage... and are accurate as well.

ya know, what's the story on the .308 enfield? is it just remanufactured then? that's is a crackerjack idea though. seemingly .303 is pretty expensive...

ya know, what's the story on the .308 enfield? is it just remanufactured then? that's is a crackerjack idea though. seemingly .303 is pretty expensive...

that depends on the rifle, there were some made in Ishapore India. others were converted later

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishapore_2A1_rifle

http://www.gibbsrifle.com/historical_remakes.html

Ishy rifles were designed & manufactured for the .308, in the 1960's if I am not mistaken.

Ishy guns, at least some I have seen aren't overly refined as a MINT british gun. However, they are built well. My sons gun is very well made... the wood & metal work is just as good as any brit gun.. I wouldn't discount them as a contender. I just wouldn't buy one sight unseen.