Sign in to follow this  
smoke250

How to replace Retractable Stock - H Buffer ?

Does any one know procedure to replace HK 94 Retractable Stock H Buffer? Mine has deteriorated.Or anyone know a good HK gunsmith in Georgia??

Thanks Smoke250

Does any one know procedure to replace HK 94 Retractable Stock H Buffer? Mine has deteriorated.Or anyone know a good HK gunsmith in Georgia??

Thanks Smoke250

By "H Buffer" are you referring to the recoil spring/rod assembly?

By "H Buffer" are you referring to the recoil spring/rod assembly?

Hi, thanks for responding. Actually it is a nylon buffer shaped like an "H" located in the retractable stock housing.Found info stating to " break apart" and remove the exzisting buffer, heat new nylon buffer in warm water an then just push in place with dowel. Info noted that the part needs periodic replacing, i've owned the weapon since the ban, so it lasted 25 years. Have one on the way. Smoke250

To disassemble the stock you have to remove 3 screws, the two that you can see next to the recoil rod assembly and the one that you cant that is inside the stock!

The back of the stock is held on with spring clips that are VERY tight. I had to work a screw driver in there and slowly pop it off. Kinda hard to do without marring the plastic. Once off there will be a large flathead screw. Take it out and everything will come apart.

hk91stock_1247_large.gif

for reference

I dont know what kind of nylon buffer you have in there, but im pretty sure its not a factory part. Alot of people added them to help tame the recoil of the beast. You might consider upgrading while your at it. HKparts.net has a heavy buffer that is US made and is not some piece of nylon that is going to need to be replaced again in a year.

Link to hkparts.net

I know this is an old thread but I need this info as well. My Hk 94 A3 'H' buffer, located at the butt end of the retractable stock has literally disintegrated after 25 years of use. I've seen posts in other forums that say to just boil the factory replacement part for a few minutes then just tap it in using a wooden dowel and a dead blow (rubber) mallet, but so far I'm not having much success. I'll bring it to the gunsmith if I can't get any more tips on here. Thoughts?