Sign in to follow this  
airborneranger

Mount A Collapsable Buttstock On An M16a2

depends on the serial number. and date of manf.if it's a pre-ban your ok if not that breaks the evil feature limit well till september :lol: D>

Sorry guys maybe I was too vague. I am currently in 1st Cav Div stationed at Ft Hood, Tx. We are getting ready to deploy to Iraq. The one issue we are running into is that we do not have enough M4's and are looking to lighten and enhance the lethality of our M16A2's. So the collapsable stock will be mounted on an Army owned M16A2 to be used in Iraq. I have been around weapons for 14 years and did not see a problem mounting the stock. However, we heard some feedback from someone in Iraq who did the switch and they said their weapon malfunctioned. And I did not see a reason why the weapon malfunctioned other than not utilizing all the collapsable butt stock parts i.e. the buffer, buffer spring, and spacer. So I was just trying to get some feedback from someone who might have actually done this.

Thanks

Airborne Ranger

1-75 Rgr Rgt 22 Apr 91 - 12 Mar 95

Rgr Class 2-93

101 Abn Div 1 Feb 00 - 1 Dec 02

1st Cav Div 4 Jan 04 - Present

It shouldn't be a problem at all. I don't have a clue what could be causing the malfunctions. Nothing SHOULD be affected by simply switching the stocks like that. Now I know a bunch of guys that fucked up their weapons trying to convert them back to full auto, cause they didn't know how to properly do it. But that's all I had really heard about it. But anyways keep your head down and your eyes out man, and good luck.

Actually, I thought of something. Were those guys using the M4 buffers, of the A2 buffers. I know some of the M4's have smaller\shorter buffers, to help manage the recoil. Don't know it that helps any.

That was my first thought, that they had replaced the butt stock and kept the A2 buffer and buffer spring. That would definitely cause a malfunction. Anyway, I plan on modifying my A2 and test firing it before we depart.

Thanks for the help.

Airborne Ranger

RLTW!