Sign in to follow this  
Admin

New 5.7mm AR57 Upper Coming

"Available soon, the new AR-57 Upper Receiver. This highly anticipated upper is a direct replacement for your standard AR upper that will allow you to shoot the FNH 5.7 round."

flattop57a.jpg

"The AR-57 platform empowers the operator with 50 rounds of firepower while keeping the magazine out of the way"

"The upper receiver and rails are precisely milled from a monolithic block of aircraft grade 7075 T6 aluminum."

Maybe I'm missing something Admin, but if I didn't want the .223 in this platform, why would I want to go to a smaller slower round like the 5.7? In a compact package like a shortbarreled p90 or even the handgun companion to the weapon,I can see the point, but not in this. The 5.7 round has been nerfed down from it's original loading and it a high priced round unless you're planning on handloading.

I find the .223 the right balance of power and capacity...someone must have some money to blow to buy this. I think the 6.8 is a much more practical alternative to the .223 chambering.

Edited by warlock

You obviously are not a real 'operator' to question the wisdom of a 5.7 round AR upper. Every mall ninja, I mean, operator around the world knows you need a 5.7 upper.

:sarcasm:

But, different strokes for different folks. Some guys just collect different AR caliber uppers and this one is unique.

To me it's like getting a 22lr conversion for a two barrel 700NE elephant gun.

Since the 22lr round is lighter, smaller, and easier to load with less recoil, the shooter can put more rounds downrange on large game with more accuracy and increased comfort. The decreased penetration will be made up for the fact that you will be shooting 20 rounds of 22lr for every 1 round you would've shot with the 700NE chambering. The quick reload time also allows for increased multitargeting and multidirectional shooting to vastly increase the leathality of the doublebarrel platform.

It's on douchebag special right now. Please PST me for purchase info which will immediately qualify you for the discount.

Edited by warlock

The decreased form factor looks nice, since you don't have a magazine protruding from the bottom, and less powder will take longer to heat the barrel. Those seem to be the biggest benefits I can think of, but the price of the ammo more than rules those out.

50 rounds of 5,7 is a might tempting. My 100 beta mag in the ar weighs a ton!

Edited by BrowningBDA

50 rounds of 5,7 is a might tempting. My 100 beta mag in the ar weighs a ton!

That, and the elimination of the protruding magazine seem to be the main benefits of this upper, IMO.

That, and the elimination of the protruding magazine seem to be the main benefits of this upper, IMO.

Except you can't index a new magazine and drop the old one at the same time. Food for thought.

Jared

Except you can't index a new magazine and drop the old one at the same time. Food for thought.

Jared

Hmm. Food for thought, indeed.

macethinking.jpg

Cool thing is though, those 50 round magazines are QUICK & easy to change... not nearly as complicated as they look.. and have the bonus of being clear, so you can see how much ammo you have left.

Honestly.. I know its not .223... but after banging gongs all day at 300 meters with a PS90... growing bored of it actually as it was so easy to do... I have no doubt its a viable round. Close quarters definitely... it was designed as a PDW... but it can reach out there.

If it ejects downwards like the PS90... that'd be even cooler!

Through the mag well? That would be neat!

Jared

I would assume that would be how it works... as that is exactly how it works in the ps90. The casings just fall on your feet. If they did that for this.. man, that would be cool!

My 100 beta mag in the ar weighs a ton!

Yeah, but the Beta mag is sexy. Looks like gun testicles.

But back to the 5.7, I like it in a P90. Not so sure about it in an AR format.

The AR-57 platform empowers the operator with 50 rounds of firepower while keeping the magazine out of the way, increasing maneuverability and speed in close quarters conflicts. In addition to it's compact, snag-free design, the spent shells are directed straight towards the floor by exiting the standard AR magwell.

cool yes, but not $700 cool.

I agree Browning, that's one of the biggest reasons I like the PS90 and FS200. Another reason is the compactness which this thing might lack.

An advantage over a .223 AR-15 is there's no high-cap mags (which can be huge) sticking out the bottom, which helps for shooting prone.

bullseyeboy-

cool yes, but not $700 cool.

$700? not bad to get into the 5.7 round (considering a PS90 is like $2k). Id still rather have a .223 as I dont reload...

Yeah, but the Beta mag is sexy. Looks like gun testicles.

But back to the 5.7, I like it in a P90. Not so sure about it in an AR format.

Yep. I believe purpose is defeated in a full size package like this.

Some guys like 9mm uppers.... and that too is a defeated purpose.

Some things are just fun.... hehehe and with 50 rounds of 5,7 on top.. it does have its attractions.

Um, can you say "lets not add more weight"?

If it does eject out the mag well, someone here needs to mod out a magazine to catch the brass for easy reloading!

Jared

Here its is October and I've not seen an AR57 upper at a gun show or dealer. Are they really in the pipe line or is this all a pipe dream?