Sign in to follow this  
B/Freak

Auto-Ordinance Thomson 1927 A1

Auto-Ordinance Thomson 1927 A1

I recently purchased an .22 semi automatic Auto-ordinance 1927 Thomson a-1. I don’t know much about the gun, I was told that Auto-ordinance made replicas of Thomson from the 70's until 1998 when they were bought out by Kahr arms. I do know that Kahr arms still uses the auto-ordinance name and still makes Thomson replicas. So with all of that said I was also told that the original Auto-Ordinances from when before Kahr bought them out were collectable and worth something. I was also told that original Auto-Ordinances had West Hurly New York on the side of them, which mine does. So, Does anyone know the value of these guns and how to tell originals from the new Kahr arms ones? Thanks

Actually.. the West Hurly guns get mixed reviews..

Gun Parts Corp used to own "Auto Ordnanace".. and they offered 1911 pistols, and a few variations of the Thompson. Quality was spotty... and they started getting a rep for making lower quality guns. They finally hit bottom, wherein Kahr stepped in, bought Auto Ord in 1999, and turned them around. Now.. the quality has come back up, and the company is doing better... earning the rep back, so to speak.

I can't speak on the west hurly thompson, as I've never personally owned one.. just two of the Kahr era guns. However, I did own a few auto ord 1911 pistols from the West Hurly era, and quality was lower on them, than it is today coming from the new owners.

Value would depend on which model .22 you have... the "deluxe A1" or the "A3"... and what condition its in. The higher values for a West Hurly gun, in your case stems from the fact that only the old "west hurly" manufacturer, gun parts corp, made them in .22lr.... and discontinued them back in 1994... thus making them "rare" for those looking for one. Kahr is not making a .22lr Thompson.

Actually.. the West Hurly guns get mixed reviews..

Gun Parts Corp used to own "Auto Ordnanace".. and they offered 1911 pistols, and a few variations of the Thompson. Quality was spotty... and they started getting a rep for making lower quality guns. They finally hit bottom, wherein Kahr stepped in, bought Auto Ord in 1999, and turned them around. Now.. the quality has come back up, and the company is doing better... earning the rep back, so to speak.

I can't speak on the west hurly thompson, as I've never personally owned one.. just two of the Kahr era guns. However, I did own a few auto ord 1911 pistols from the West Hurly era, and quality was lower on them, than it is today coming from the new owners.

Value would depend on which model .22 you have... the "deluxe A1" or the "A3"... and what condition its in. The higher values for a West Hurly gun, in your case stems from the fact that only the old "west hurly" manufacturer, gun parts corp, made them in .22lr.... and discontinued them back in 1994... thus making them "rare" for those looking for one. Kahr is not making a .22lr Thompson.

Mine is a deluxe A1, do you have any idea what the value is on them?

Condition? In new shape... NIB condition, it's booking at about $1,100.... Used, worn, with some wear & tear... but "good" condition, probably $500 to $700+.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. What one guys is willing to pay $500 for.. another would glady pay $800. Guns is definitely an area where its worth what someone is willing to pay!!

Ok thats good I gave $500 for the gun and its in like new contdition. The only wear I can find is on the front grip and its minor.

Auto-Ordinance Thomson 1927A1