Sign in to follow this  
Tymber

Howdy

New to the forum ...figured I might just as well say howdy with abit of eyecandy :hero:

1945 Ishapore GRI No1Mklll*

45Ishy7.jpg

1968 Ishapore RFI 2A1 ( 7.62nato)

chargers2A1.jpg

1944 ROF Maltby No4 Mkl

Malright.jpg

1943 Longbranch No4Mkl* scoped

LBsniper2.jpg

Very nice collection of Enfields. Do you have any that are converted caliber rifles?

I recently saw a .308 Enfield available and was thinking about it.

The Enfield is one of my favorite bolt rifles. Very smooth and accurate.

Thx...

The only converted Enfield I have is a 1918 BSA No1 Mklll* which is now a .410 shotgun. This conversion apparently took place in England when they went through a rather extensive guncontrol program where the average joe had a hard time keeping centerfire rifles but shotguns are more acceptable.

1918BSA410.jpg

The 2A1 incidently is not converted but manufactured as 7.62nato and are issued with a 12rd mag.

Surplus ammo seems to be more available than the .303brit. I've taken it to the range alot and gets alot of attention from other shooters .

2a13.jpg

Welcome! They look great.

Do you have any suggestions on (relatively) cheap .303?

The only thing I've found cheap is the old (50's I think) UK stuff, and I've had some pretty terrible experiences with that.

Welcome! They look great.

Do you have any suggestions on (relatively) cheap .303?

The only thing I've found cheap is the old (50's I think) UK stuff, and I've had some pretty terrible experiences with that.

I've heard the same about UK ammo as well as Pakistani ( POF ) stuff , I can't say fersure since I've never used it tho...lol

Sellier&Bellot , Remington's UMC , PMC , Bell are a few commercial 174gr FMJ's that are abit cheaper over the counter. Most mil-surp ammo I find is at gunshows . I've had South African fodder ( 7.7x56r) thats good stuff . You might check with AIM Surplus for Igman ammo as well .

Personally , I prefer the heavier 174gr , flat based ammo for target and 180gr for hunting .

Wolf now makes .303 British in their Gold line with the actual brass cases. They also make some other oddballs in this lineup like 7.5 Swiss and 6.5 Grendel. Not sure about prices though.

Edited by eldon519