Sign in to follow this  
ak47 in bosnia

Scary Story.

back in 2001, i stopped a guy for speeding. my partner checked the plates and stuff and every thing was clean. as my partner checked the plates, i walked up to the drivers window and knocked on it(it was rolled up)(it was very darkly tinted to) he wouldnt roll it down so i puled on the car door handle and the door opened, but then the driver pullled an uzi on me! i ran back to my car, got behind the door, and opened fire. he got out of the car, started blazin away with his uzi, but i shot him in his right arm(he was right handed). he dropped in agony and i ranover to him, flipped him on his back, and handcuffed him.i was kneeling on his hands (wich wer behind his back cuffed) when my partner called for back up. my partner ran out and helped me pick him up and we put him in our squad car. dispatch sent 2 other cars out to make sure we were ok. we got the drivers id and checked him out...no warrents. we got to the station and put him in a holding cell. turns out my partner put the rong name in the computer so we checked again. he had a 37 page list of felonys! he had 3 outstanding warrents for aggrivated assult with a deadly weapon. heres a list of what he was charged with from our traffic stop; aggrivated assult with a deadly weapon, assulting a police officer, resisting arrest, carrying an illegal weapon-also didnt have a permit to have any gun, and in texas, its illigal to carry a gun in ur car. u have to have it on u and have a permit.

just another day at the office.... 007:

for got to put that in my post.lol. wen backup arrived, they brought an ambulance(standard procedure). they paramedics took him to the hospital under the super vision of 2 other state troopers. he was bandaged up and was brought back to the station by the troopers.

Are you sure it is illegal to have a gun in the car in Texas? I remember an awful lot of gun racks in the windows of pick up trucks. Permit? What do you mean? You mean a concealed carry license? I dont remember texas having a permit law...

Let me know!

One time a captain from Texas who was in my battalion, got stopped at the MP gate with a pistol under his seat. The MP tried to give him stress over it, but he told the MP; "Soldier, I'm from Texas. Down there you get a ticket if you DON'T have a gun in your car."

:lol:

Texas Gun Laws of Note:

TGC 411.205:

If you are asked by a law enforcement officer to show ID (as in a traffic stop), you are REQUIRED to volunteer that fact if you are armed and show your CHL along with driver's license. When they run your DL, it will show if you have a Texas Resident CHL, so they WILL find out. The first offense of failure to notify an officer is a suspension of your CHL. A second subsequent failure is a Class B misdemeanor. I don't know how this would apply to a person with an out-of-state CHL recognized in Texas, but out of state persons are also required to show their CCW permit if carrying in Texas. They may or may not be found out (their home state might have it in the computer), but if they are caught packing and they didn't show their permit, they are in trouble.

It is illegal to carry a handgun openly in Texas. More than one reader has emailed me telling me this. They have included the following quotes from the Texas law. All have also said that their instructor in the CHL class stated open carry of handguns is illegal in Texas. Most said, "There is no open carry". "A CHL holder can be arrested and charged with intentional failure to conceal a handgun".
Title 37 Part 1 Chapter 6 Subchapter D §6.42 Failure To Conceal Handgun

A license holder carrying a handgun must keep the handgun concealed. This restriction does not apply if the license holder displays the handgun under circumstances in which the actor would have been justified in the use of deadly force under Texas Penal Code, Chapter 9. Violation is a Class A misdemeanor under Texas Penal Code, §46.035.

Source Note: The provisions of this §6.42 adopted to be effective January 8, 1996, 20 TexReg 11128.

§ 46.035. Unlawful Carrying of Handgun by License Holder

(a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.

Hey Hotload... thanks for the info bud! I know about the CHL... and pistols. I appreciate you're posting those laws... thanks bud! My point is that an UZI carbine isn't a handgun.

GUN LAWS FOR TEXAS

Handgun ownership: unrestricted, no permit or license required

Rifle and Shotgun ownership: unrestricted, no permit or license required

Semi-automatic "assault weapon" ownership: unrestricted, no permit or license required

Machine Gun Ownership: no state restrictions, compliance with federal law only

Firearm law uniformity: preemption statute, firearm laws uniform throughout state

Concealed carry: licenses granted on a "shall issue" basis; reciprocity available for nonresidents with carry permits from certain other states

Vehicle carry and transportation: unlicensed individuals and non-residents may not carry handguns on or about their persons while in a vehicle loaded rifles and shotguns may be carried in plain view or in a case

Texas, like much of the Southwest, has adjusted its frontier laws to properly fit the demands of a modern society. Travelers should be aware of how these laws affect their ability to carry firearms while trekking through the Lone Star state.

Carry of handguns "on or about one's person" on foot or in a vehicle is explicitly prohibited by statute. "On or about one's person" has been defined by the Texas courts to include any handgun within arm's reach of an individual whether concealed or open. Under one's seat, on the dash, in the glove compartment or even in the backseat are spatial positions which have been held to be "on or about one's person." Texas law, however, exempts individuals who are carrying handguns for self-protection while traveling across Texas on a "bonafide" journey or engaged in a lawfully related firearm activity such as hunting or target shooting. Although police should not arrest an individual who falls within these exemptions, any doubt as to a person's true intentions could result in a delay or an overnight jail stay. Travelers unable to maintain their classification as "bonafide travelers" should carry their handgun unloaded and cased in the trunk. Texas law contains no prohibition on the transport of loaded rifles and shotguns in vehicles. Such firearms may be carried in plain view anywhere in the vehicle or secured in a commercial gun case or gun rack.

Texas' concealed carry law allows for the concealed carry of a handgun on ones person and in one's vehicle by properly licensed individuals. The Texas Department of Public Safety may negotiate reciprocity agreements with other states for the recognition of their citizens' carry permits. This reciprocity is conditioned upon formal agreements and may be subject to periodic revision.

My point is.... and this isn't said in anger, or in rudeness, is that I do not believe this story. There are several big problems with it. This isn't to say I have a personal problem with AK47 in bosnia (or whatever his name used to be here....) but that it gives alot of folks who dont know better the wrong impression about Cops, the law in Texas, What happens during a police shooting..... and instead portrays a "hollywood" version... which doesn't help us in our fight to keep the second amendment alive.

First off... a Texas Police officer (State, city or county) would KNOW that it is NOT illegal to carry a loaded "long gun" in your car... I'm a Texas boy too.... and its nothing to see an SKS, Mini 14's (even with folding stocks.. pre bans), M1 carbines with paratrooper stocks, Mossberg 590's, ect... in a gun rack in a pick up truck.

Yes, carying a pistol.. handgun in your car without a CHL is a crime. But a UZI is a carbine... not a pistol.

Secondly... police officers in texas would KNOW that there is no such thing as a "permit" to own a gun. Texas... unlike other states like... say... Virginia, Michigan, Ect.... do NOT require you to get a permit to purchase. There is no ownership "permit". There are NO gun permits of any sort. As long as you pass the background check required of the 1994 Brady law... then you can buy the gun without "registration" or permits.

Hell... Even HCI.. the Brady Campaign... has this on their website on "Texas".. upset because there is no registration of gunowners, no police background checks... no waiting periods... and police do NOT keep records of gunowners, i.e. no permits... no registration...

http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/s...te.asp?state=tx

Thirdly... AK47 (bosnian... or the asian variety), claims to be a Texas police officer, who "shot" a criminal in the line of duty... after being fired upon by a full auto "Uzi" during a traffic stop. He then claims to have cuffed the assailant, and placed him in the squad car... and drove him to the lock up.

Only after Thed questioned this did he then change his story to include a trip to the hospital with state troopers... for 1 hour... then to the holding cell.

Here's the problems with this.

Every cop on this board... either still in service, retired, or who was a cop in a previous career (like me) KNOW that when you have an officer related shooting.... the "cop" involved isn't going anywhere. He's gonna sit at the scene until the sarge shows up.. or the Lt... or the Capt... or the Chief (all depending on the size of your local dept).... and most likely, IA. The shooting will be investigated... and evidence will be collected. Shell casings... spent bullets.. the squad car with bullet holes in it... the dash board camera... all would be viewed, collected, ect. The officers GUN would be taken as well.... as evidence, as well as his magazines of ammo.

The cop in question would be taken away, seperately from his partener, and questioned about the shooting. In this day & age, where lawsuits are so prevalent, he may even be given a Union rep.. or attorney, before the interview. His partener will also be interviewed.

According to what the evidence shows... the cop in question will either be placed on leave, suspension pending more investigation, or given a few days of desk duty until the shooting can be ruled "justified". He also may be asked to see a therapist to "talk" about the incident. Again, this depends on the size of your local deptarment, and their resources.

The cop DOESN"T get to LEAVE the scene, with a bleeding perp in the back seat of his $40K police cruiser (thus covering the interior of the back in blood... ruining it... and in the Texas heat.. making it smell like a slaughterhouse), with bullet holes in it... with a dash board camera in it... with EVIDENCE in it (spent bullets, trajectory, ect... ect...).

That car... since it was used as a shield, became evidence. It would not be moved until a police photographer had arrived to take pics... and until CSI (for lack of a better term) could come and map out the shooting, trajectories, and collect evidence.

ak47 in Bosnia would have sat at the at scene for the next 3-5 hours... answering questions... being interviewed... while his car.. and the perp's car... became an anthill of activity. The perp would have been LONG GONE... to the hospital.... and would have easily spent the night from a gunshot.

1 hour in the hospital for a gunshot? Sorry... not going to happen. They would have put him on fluids... and monitored him for at least 24 hours to see if he was going into shock... or developed blood clots.. or continued to bleed. No hosptial in the WORLD would let a gunshot victim go out the door with a band aid, in 1 hour. If they did, they would open themselves up to a HUGE civil lawsuit from the perp. He would get xrays... he would go to surgery... and recovery unit. He would not get a bandage and then leave... in 1 hour.

Hell... even the military would call in a MedVac heli for a gunshot wound to the arm... people go into shock... and die.

A full auto Uzi? Sorry... I did a google search on Texas police shootings involving a full auto uzi in 2001.... I couldn't find a single news story...

So.... his quote....

aggrivated assult with a deadly weapon, assulting a police officer, resisting arrest, carrying an illegal weapon-also didnt have a permit to have any gun, and in texas, its illigal to carry a gun in ur car. u have to have it on u and have a permit.

just another day at the office....

Just another day at the office??? :rolleyes:

Its utter BS. No Texas cop would claim this, i.e. "u have to have it on you and u have to have a permit". No cop I know of would BRAG about shooting a person.

So in conclusion, this sounds like an episode of "A-Team" more so that a true life story.

Again, I am not trying to be a jerk. But... we need reality & truth about guns... and cops... and the law... not fanatasy stories which HURT us when other folks hiding back behind the scenes come here to READ what we say... and come away with the wrong impression.

I am not trying to piss off Ak47 in bosnia / ak47 in asia.... or make him leave, or start an argument. Just chill bud... have fun with us & leave the fantasy out of it.

Edited by BrowningBDA

You made some good points about that story.

Perhaps, Ak47 in Bosnia can shed some light on the date and location of this arrest?

I know quite a few cops in Chicago who have shot people. It's like Browning says.

If you are the cop, they take away your gun and inventory it. It's held for investigation. The guy that got shot is taken to the hospital and an armed guard is put there to watch him. Then the States Attorneys come out to interview the cop as well as the offender. The cop gets either a union rep or a lawyer to represent him. The big brass interviews the cop and then there is a "Round Table" where the cop, the attorneys, and the police brass all sit around to try to figure out if the cop is telling the truth. And wether or not the cop should be brought up on charges-or- given a medal. Detectives as well as a Mobile Crime Lab are called to the scene to investigate.

Typically, the cop might get to go home 8 to 12 hours latter. This is for a "clean shooting" where there is no chance that the cop did anything wrong. The Movies and cop shows are B.S.

-Larry

I was thinking about deleting this thread, but Browning BDA brought up an interesting point:

Again, I am not trying to be a jerk. But... we need reality & truth about guns... and cops... and the law... not fanatasy stories which HURT us when other folks hiding back behind the scenes come here to READ what we say... and come away with the wrong impression.

So I think this thread should stay.

-Thed

Thank You guys.

Again... I didn't decide to write that post with the intention of embarasing anyone... or to mean, rude, ugly, ect... to Ak47...

I wrote it for the people who "may" be reading it... and then walking away, thinking that is what really happens.

I do hope AK comes back... and posts with us, having fun & sharing knowledge.

Happy Holidays to all of you... Thed, Larry, Hotload, Marswolf.. and Ak!!

Does this mean you don't believe him? 

MarsWolf, you dirty dog! :lol: Perhaps they do things diffrently in Texas. I've only been there 3 times, and that was to change planes. I can only vouch for what happens in Chicago. "Just the facts Ma'm" as Jack Web use to say.

Thed; I understand why you wanted to delete this thread. But I also understand Brownings concern. A lot of people do read these posts. (Does that mean I'm famous? Can I start a rock band now? D> )

And Best Wishes for the Hollidays to all!

-Larry

hey browning,

u think ak and me are the same people. may be ted can run that ip address check for u.

i wish i can be a cop. i'll get promoted really fast because i know where all the crack houses, whore houses, and illegal gambling houses are. gray fox may remember that it is illegal to gamble in virginia, but as soon as people step on that potomac river water, they can gamble all they want because they're in maryland now. maryland owns all the water and whatever it touch along the border. i used to pull over to the packing lot right along the river when the cop turned their siren on me. they can't give me ticket because i was on the maryland side already.

to all of you folks who made false judgement about anyone, screw you and the horse you rode in.

I was thinking about deleting this thread, but Browning BDA brought up an interesting point:

So I think this thread should stay.

-Thed

accusing people of faking name and telling lie is an act of ignorant to me.

sh*t, i don't know what they call it down texas but around here we call that racist.

you call someone coming to an educated guess about a person faking their name RACIST?!

i dont think i even NEED to comment on that one.. this is getting silly

but why does it have to centered at me?

some folks do have a job to pay a bill. some don't have to work long hours and some do. as much as i like to come here all the time, i do have obligation to do in my daily life. for someone to think and accuse me of faking different names to make up stories is quite silly.

may be an idea of seeing a minority with guns and love guns are too much for some narrow mind people to comprehend. this is america, move the fuk over if you don't sharing this great sport with all races.

derek, just wait until someone start bashing you and criticize for things you say in addition to accusing you of faking names to make up stories, then you can tell me how mad you'll be.

let's thed and grayfox and admin run ip address check on ak47 and see if i have ever use the same ip address to post anything. then we'll know who's who.

hmmm....wouldn't a real cop be able to spell:

illigal.....illegal

warrents.....warrants

assult......assault

aggrivated assult........aggravated assault ?

Not to mention the 50 other words that were misspelled, and have a working knowledge of proper police procedure even in Texas?

M/

Has nothing to do with Race.....

I get along with lots of folks here... .45operator as well.... who is phillipino.

I belong to all sorts of forums online.... and own a business in Real life in which most of my customers are NON white people.

It has to do with you making up wild, crazy stories... posting them here as truth.... and leading people who READ these forums (who come here to become educated on the gun issues) to believe that your "fantasies" may actually be reality.... thus hurting all of us.

You're just a name... for all any of us know... you could be black.... white... even a woman. You could be 15 years old... or 60 years old.

How do you know what color I am? You dont....

"Racism" is the defense of the intellectually weak.

And besides.... you disappeared.... "Ak47 in bosnia" appears.... says somthing silly, gets called out for it... and disappears again... on to have YOU reappear to defend "him".

And you even came back with a different name this time.

IP address? Please.... anyone on these forums can tell you thats its child like simple to have two computers with different IP address... one at home? One at work? One at a family member's house? friend?

Besides.... you both make extremely similar spelling mistakes... turns of phrase.... and both come up with stories where YOU are the hero.... fantasy scenarios.

So is it any wonder you were linked?

Heheheh... so cuss me out... get mad... make a scene. I could care less. I'm glad you decided to return. But, dont expect me to shut up & go away because you call me a racist.

I mean... I can go back in the history of these threads... and find lots of quotes of yours where you hate blacks, mexicans, ect.... and plenty of posts where you went on a gay bashing diatribe.

Admin built us a wonderful site... Thed & Grayfox go outta their way to make this site fun & educational... there is no reason to mess it up by posting lies, fantasies, untruths... all of which hurt us.. and make us look silly as a group.

Come... and stay. I hope you do stay! Have fun with us... join the e-match thed is working on... download pics of neat guns!! Just leave the "A Team" BS outta it. M/