Sign in to follow this  
ABNINF

Building Out An Ar

I'm about to start building out an AR, and am looking around for different lowers to go off of. I'm looking at working off an Olympic Arms lower. Anyone got any experience with them? Good, bad, otherwise? I'll probably build out the lower myself, and buy a complete upper. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

I bought a Olympic lower in 89 and it wouldnt fit mil spec parts. But I've got a neighbor that has newer one and it is mil. spec. I have a DPMS and you cant beat it. Also a Rock River. They are both mil spec the DPMS has better finish. (smoother, the RRA is kinda a matte finish, less reflective though) So either one I would highly recomend. RRA has a life time warrenty as does Olympic, DPMS has only a 1 yr. I just ordered a Bushmaster Type 97 carbon 15 pistol. Has any one owned on and if so are they any good?

Thanks Moto, I'll look into RRA. I haven't got much experience with the type 97, other than playing with a 97S. It seemed ok and the owner said he was very happy with it. Me personally I'm a little skeptical about carbon fiber recievers, but I don't have much experience with them either. I've had to put off the AR for a couple paychecks though, cause I've had to get something else I couldn't pass up. I've already got the Knight Armament rail system and vertical handgrip for it though.

Well, I decided not to build one, and just straight up bought one through my dealer.I bought an M-4 type XM15E2S. I also bought the Knight Armament 4 rail system from my boss who was getting rid of his. Shot it today, and it shoots awesome. That Y-comp muzzle brake works great. The felt recoil is almost nill. Wonderfull experience. I definately won't be getting rid of it anytime soon.

post-8-1074487455_thumbjpg

WOW.................................................i like that alot...if i ever get money again for a new toy.after a pimped out racegun 1911 a flat top upper is coming home. :D

that looks nice and that rail system rocks. ok>

I'm also looking into getting an AIMPOINT CompML2 for it. It'll probably run around $400 for the mount and the sight. I'm also gonna get a Streamlight M3, that way I can switch when I want to from the AR, to my Glock, to my HK USP. So hopefully Uncle Sam will treat me right here at tax season..... :c)l:

m_zwerlein Have you looked at RRA 1911's? They have have some killer ones. Not to shabby in the pricing either. I wish I had seen their selection before I bought my Kimber CDP custom shop pro carry. Also I got my Bushy Type 97 AR pistol yesterday. God that it the flame shootingest and loudest firearm I have ever shot. The only problem I have with it it it'll peel your eye lids off. You really need shooting saftey glasses when you fire it. The muzzle blast is almost painful to the eyes. I didnt even try it with out the muzzle break. SCARED 8>