Sign in to follow this  
wilsoncomb@tLacky

YHM products

Well i have been browsin Del-ton rifle kits and start to notice alot of YHM poppin up on alot of the added accessories i had been choosing.

2 rail flip up front sight gas block

light weight free float 4 rail hand guard

flip up rear sight

I was wondering if you guys knew much about quality of the parts they make.

I also would like to know what a decent price on a well made stripped lower would be bought locally. I dont think i will save much on a lower over the internet after shipping, transfer fees, and the added hassel.

Do they make any rail mounted toggle switches as im not to fond of pressure switches or will i have to rig something up?

So many things i have my eye on at this point an ar being 1 of them.

I got my stripped lower for about $130 through the internet. It's a Rock River for the record.

On my Del-Ton 20" I went with the free float 4 rail handguard from YHM. It's a very nice looking and sturdy piece of equipment that is well machined an finished. It is heavy though. Probably should have gone with the lightweight version instead. I don't think you will be disappointed with it though.

Thanks

Its amazing how fast the price goes up when you start adding things on.Probly cheaper than buying a rifle with all the stuff you want or adding on later though.

its up to 730 with everything without a stripped lower,flash light/mount,laser/mount,EoTech,vert grip, and the toggles ill probly have to jeryrig into the hand guard.

ah the Mr potato head of rifles

Edited by wilsoncomb@tLacky

Do they make any rail mounted toggle switches as im not to fond of pressure switches or will i have to rig something up?

you might have to rig something, but that would be easy. get a short pease of PVC pipe, 1" OD, and a couple of inches long, and an endcap for it. mount the switch in th eend cap, and get a doo-hickie for mounting a 1" flashlight on a rail.

the consern i woould have with the switch inside teh handguard is that you will need to do something to insuere the insolation dose not get compermised. the heat may damage it.

if you are looking for small switches tho you might look for rocker or slide type they tend to not be as deep.

The heat i planned on testing for before i started rigging stuff up but i dont think it will be to bad with the free float handguard. If its too hot you think a thin piece bamboo would shelter the wires enough.

Ill test first if it dont work i may not get the laser or light because i hate hanging wires,not to fond of rail covers, and despise electrical tape.

If it were gunna be used in a tactical situation i wouldnt mind the later two.

As far as the switchs go, rockers seem to be just as deep as the toggles, and the slide doesn't seem to have the 1 finger off the vertgrip capabilities im looking for. I may go rocker though depends on profile.

Maybe when/if i have the stuff in front of me it will put the vision in better perspective and things will come together smoothly. That or everything i invisioned will come down in a flaming pile of sh1t.

how much shelding would depend on how fast you are shooting, but it dawned on me that there has to be wire made to withstand heat.

let me know if you need some help.

there's an easier way than rigging a toggle switch, if you're using a vfg.

a lot of the tacticool lights can be had with a tailcap on/off toggle. if you put it in the right spot, it can be easily reached by the thumb from the vfg.

there ya go :)

how much shelding would depend on how fast you are shooting, but it dawned on me that there has to be wire made to withstand heat.

Ya im sure some automotive wiring will do the trick

let me know if you need some help.

will do

Any recomendations on lights and lasers? cant have on module on/off, laser must be adjustable,while being rail mountable.

im looking for a close to surefire quality light.

laser dont care too much but must preform.How do you think http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP026-1042-1445.html would preform. As you know i would be cuttin that mfin curly cue thing off.

there's an easier way than rigging a toggle switch, if you're using a vfg.

a lot of the tacticool lights can be had with a tailcap on/off toggle. if you put it in the right spot, it can be easily reached by the thumb from the vfg.

there ya go :)

My thought on this is lose your thumb=lose your grip. In a tactical sense the light would be used as a blinder in addition to a light source, therefore light on and fireing would happen in a very small time frame=poor grip or sluggishness.

It would be fine for the laser if i didnt plan on putting it on the gas block.

Its a for fun gun but id like it to be tactically sound as well.

what about a flashlight mounted right in front of a vertical fore grip with a push to make switch on the back? you extend you off hand index finger an inch or so to activate it.

what about a flashlight mounted right in front of a vertical fore grip with a push to make switch on the back? you extend you off hand index finger an inch or so to activate it.

Shoulder strap, even if i decide not put 1 of those on(probly wont) a simple flick of the finger seems to be easier.The push poundage would take more oumph to.I think it would take less brain power to use the toggle.

The wireing and set up would take no more time out my life than the cigarett in my hand now.