Sign in to follow this  
mr. arsenal

my new rifle.....

Hello everyone! i stumbled across a #4 MK1 i berly got to see the markings. i dont see any brand on it but i do see England stamped on the barrel in front of the bolt.......i see it has a crown stamped on it too it dont have any wood pieces to the top of the barrel and the bottom piece of the stock dont go further then half the barrel. has a strong metal smell to it.....i was able to get a 10 round clip at the gun show and got some ammo to go try it out...i really want to know what kind it is and all them interesting specs....i do see a date of 1943 and W9246 on the bolt.....can anyone give me any info?

Thank you!

Looks like someone modified/sporterized the rifle.

you think someone took the wood pieces off? i know they took the sights off.

everything looks original x-cept for the end of the butt.

Look more closely at the handgrip section and the cheekpiece. Compare them to a picture of any enfield and you will start to see the differences. An Enfield stock has a flatter cheekrest and more of a straight hand grip section.

I am betting an aftermarket or custom stock installed some time ago.

If I am wrong, and I often am, I am sure someone will tell us.

sgt_jarhead "I am betting an aftermarket or custom stock installed some time ago."

it does look shiny...like if it was laminated....if its aftermarket its pretty old....i dont see pictures of the No4 MK1 with tthe butt like this except for this one......

post-6496-1126871841_thumb.jpg

Definately sporterized. Replacement stock.

That being said you probably have a very accurate hunting rifle.

Whatever they did, I think they made it better bro!

Looks like a professional job.

damn thats cool... i havent shot it yet, but even if i did it dont have any sights to see how good it realy is.

anyone have any good links to the markings on the barel.

hey but even if it had the wood pieces and looked heavier wouldnt it shoot damn good?

woohoo! i took the rifle shooting, and motherfer it kicks like a mustang. it dont have sights to see how accurate it is but i was getting about 1 foot from the object i was away about 40-50yds i like this rifle! though my shoulder hurts.

damn i didnt really know how far a yard was but i now found out 1yd = 3 feet how can i not know that you may ask...i dont know. but anyways i was about 700-800 feet away from my target not 40-50yds! so thats about 250-300yds....im an idiot.