Sign in to follow this  
emclean

my first enfield

it is a .308, and i dont eavon know how to take it apart yet.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

but that is half the fun of new guns.

Looks great! I've been meaning to get one too.

That's the jungle carbine, right?

it is a '66 no.7 (i am told, cant finde it marked on the weapon) jungle carbine.

where can i find a manule for this? admin and surp;usrifle.com are for other models.

Should use the same takedown/disassembly technique as a #4 Mk1/2.

Where did you find that? I've been looking for a .308 shorty enfield like that for a while now. Gibbs used to make them, but I think they went out of business or something. That's not a Gibbs is it? I'm willing to bet that it is a Gibbs. If so, you don't need to take it apart. It's a historical remake not actual mil-surp, which means it shouldn't be filled with cosmoline or anything. That's a good rifle. Can't think of a better truck gun, except maybe a SOCOM 16.

user posted image

Here's the one I'm after.

user posted image

Edited by macshooter

odn't think it is a gibbs, it has stamped on the band under the bolt RFI, 1966. i found it in a local gun shop and decided to put the springfield .45 on hold for a while, they are easy to get, but this is the first .308 enfirld i have seen. it was $300, so did i get a good deal, or hosed? (dont realy care, it is the cheapst i have seen something likt this for around here)

Gibbs made their guns by cutting down Ishys, and refitting them to look like the jungle carbine, that's probably why it says RFI 1966 - because it used to be a full sized ishy.

No - you didn't get hosed. Gibbs was selling them for around $300 new (depending on the model). They are getting damn hard to find these days. That was an excellent buy IMHO. In fact I think it might even be better than the Quest II extreme I want, because it's not ported. I hear the ported version is UBER LOUD. I don't think $300 is too much for that rifle at all, but I wouldn't pay more than that, since that was the full retail price.

They may go up in value, but not many people even know about the Gibbs enfields, except the enfield nuts, and they weren't very popular with the mainstream, which is probably why they are not being made anymore.

I'd rather have a Gibbs rifle than a jungle carbine. That's a fact. Because it's a .308.

Nice gun EM. I've been wanting one for quite a while now.

Edited by macshooter