Sign in to follow this  
m_zwerlein

Ar-15/m-16 Kits

so i bought my first ar-15 and i absolutley love it.....well now i am looking into the kits they have out to build these in pre-ban models and they are anywhere from 400 to 600 bucks depending on the options...well the more i look at these the more it seems this is the way to go,not only are you saving a ton of dough(read that i can get more of them and more ammo)you also learn more about the gun than you would just cleaning it after some range time.

well here's the problem the more i read the more confused i get about them...most of them say no f.f.l. required so if that's the case the big brown truck drops a box or two off at my house and i have a new toy(almost).well that's all well and good but what are they missing?what machine work do they need? any other parts i need to buy? no yes most of this is pretty open ended on my questions but any help would be great.

thanks

mike

:fir: Usually, the kits are only missing the receiver. With an AR, it would be the lower receiver, as it is the lower receiver on the AR which requires the ffl.

If you then buy a finished lower, either stripped or complete, you shouldn't have to do any machining. -Captain Eddie

thanks eddie re-read the ad and sure enough less stripped lower receiver...well i have a place that has a ton of upper and lowers....so looks like i get to learn how to build my next toy. :<: