Sign in to follow this  
JRH

Olympic Arms Inc.

A friend has an Olympic, I have shot it before at the rifle range. It performed flawlessly. Based solely on that experience, I would say they make a great AR-15. I own a Colt, so I know what it should be like, shooting my friends was no different excepting my colt lacks the forward assist and his has this.

That's funny...I was thinking about ordering a PCR-16 for myself...

From what I have read, they make great ARs. I think I'm gonna pick one up.

Let me know if any of you want to start a group buy on them here. I need to call and see what the shipping rates are. If there's a flat rate, that's good. If my dist. will drop-ship 'em, that's better. Bushmaster and Armalite folks feel free to jump in too - the Dist I use carries them as well. I already have three guys on for them - the more we have, the less expensive they'll be. If I can get about 10 on I'll charge a 2.5% markup. Can't beat that with a stick.

James

i have a plinker model ar-15 from olympic, and i love it, i have put a colt 1911 grip on it, a 4 position collapsable stock, are tactical sling, a red dot, accu wedge, and bought a bunch of gi mags, and so far i love shooting it, i bought it used from gunsmith (actually traded) it had been his and was very well taken care of, he had put around 2500-3200 rounds through it, I have put 2000 rounds through it since i bought it and i have had only great experience with it

i got mine july 22nd this year

Edited by asinner1979

The only reason I don't like them is because they are the cause that 7.62x39 steel core was banned... But I have heard they work good.

That's funny...I was thinking about ordering a PCR-16 for myself...

From what I have read, they make great ARs. I think I'm gonna pick one up.

Let me know if any of you want to start a group buy on them here. I need to call and see what the shipping rates are. If there's a flat rate, that's good. If my dist. will drop-ship 'em, that's better. Bushmaster and Armalite folks feel free to jump in too - the Dist I use carries them as well. I already have three guys on for them - the more we have, the less expensive they'll be. If I can get about 10 on I'll charge a 2.5% markup. Can't beat that with a stick.

James

119928[/snapback]

How much are they running?

-vic F}

from everything Ive heard OA is a top notch company and sell a quality product.

I want to get one of their OA93 pistols

OA-93.gif

120040[/snapback]

That's what has my eye too, and my friend's as well. I could ask around here and see if anybody was interested in joining that. I don't think I have enough for getting in on that.

How much would a pistol be with a large group buy?

Guys-

I can assure you that going in on a group buy would be a good deal. Personally, I have no qualms with charging 2% over cost if I can get 20 OlyArms guns sold - and yes, that includes Safari Arms 1911s as well.

I'll tell you my cost up front...

off the top of my head (I'm not in the office, so the catalog isn't in front of me as we speak)...

The PCR-16 Target Rifle (as I am getting) is $600, my cost. The PCR-8 with the 20" stainless heavy bbl is $700 for me. I know that OlyArms basic AR-15 starts at $500 for me. I believe that the Safari 1911s are between $450-$800. I can't imagine the OA-93 Pistol being over $600. The 'GI-16' - Oly's M16 - starts at $600. Their M4A2 (formerly the CAR97) Is around $700 - it comes with flashider, bayonet lug, sling rings, collapsible stock, all the great evil stuff.

I'll start at 7.5% over cost plus S&H ($25 for ARs, and $18 for 1911s) If we get 10 folks together, I'll make it 5%. Get together 20, and I'll make it 2% over cost. That means:

if a PCR-16 is $600, it'll cost you $612 + S&H. Of course, shipping to me will be divided amongst us all, but I think it's a flat $40, so that's gonna be about $2-$6 a person.

Why the big discount? Because I love all of you!

....Well, that and if I sell 20 guns on any particular order (at least 2 1911s must be part of the deal), I get a permanent 3% discount on every purchase after that.

Let me know. If there's enough interest, Ill start a new thread.

James

To start a running count, we have 3 guns on board so far...17 left to go...

JReeves997 x2

SoccaIan x1

120188[/snapback]

i had an odd feeling i would find you here...

i had an odd feeling i would find you here...

120198[/snapback]

For those of you who don't know Ian, it took me about six months to convice him to buy a gun that was made in the 20th century. Come to the evil rifles....

Trunk's in on an Oly...

JReeves997x2

SoccaIanx1

TrunkMonkeyx1

Stay alert - I'll soon be posting my dealer prices on all the items in the next few hours.

James

Anybody have any experance with Olympic AR's? Good Bad or whatever?

119914[/snapback]

I purchased a Olympic Arms PCR-16 about two years ago. At first I thought it was pretty sorry, then I found the load it liked the best. I can consistently put down sub M.O.A. groups with this little carbine. And it functions FLAWLESSLY. I would recomend an Olympic to anyone who asked. :c)l:

James, I've missed some good deals you've had because I was at work(merchant seaman) or spent money somewhere else. I think I should have my company send you part of every paycheck, and when I come home you tell me what I bought!!! This is not a scam..!

I want an AR pistol.... hmmm.... I may have to jump in on something.

Jreeves... does oly make their AR psitol in a folding stock carbine now.. I think I read something about that...

my wife's ar is an oly.........................she wouldn't trade it for the world..shoots straight and didn't have any problems whatso ever till the ejection spring broke. and it STILL fired 98% of the time. she did blow one prong off the flash suppesor HOWEVER i think that might have been the round because she pulled the trigger and said "WTF" that didn't feel right". well i noticed the prong on the FS but anyway i would buy several more and have no problem doing it if i had the money.

browning here is a link for you for the pistols.

AR pistols

Can you imagine a matched set... maybe done up wicked style.. in a fitted weapons case.... ummmm.... that would be sweet....

I bought an Oly AR15 about 3 years ago. Heavy 20" barrel. It came with two mags, and a hard case for $600! Best $600 I ever spent! I'm not a black plastic gun guy, but wanted one, just because. It's been flawless, and fun!

I have an Olympic AR-15 carbine chambered in 9mm. With the american eagle 147 grain flat nose ammo, it is more accurate than I ever imagined for that caliber. It's well built, tight, and feels like it will last a long time. A good buy. The only thing is the trigger is light. Which is good for accuracy. Combine that with the recoil operated bolt(not gas) and it will bumpfire if you hold it too lightly. The regular types (.223 gas operated) I'm sure don't have this characteristic.

I built my first AR with all Oly parts. i live near the plant in Olympic Was. so my local dealer pushes oly products. sat on the lower for a month or so and was gonna order a M4 kit from model1 but thought to give oly a call just to see if the prices were close(i hate waiting for the mail..lol) the price was the same and the product is better so i drove up there to pick it up.First the customer service is the best. Second they gave me a free upgrade becuase they didnt have my upper ready( i had to wait 15min for it when i got there LOL) gave me a free CAR wrench, and a few green followers too! never had it jam, hangup, nuttin. im getting ready to buy a few more and they will all be Oly's. my buds have bushmasters, Colt, and RRA. they all shoot great, just as good but not any better than my Oly. just my .02cents

DmU

so has this happened yet? i didnt see anything more on wheather or not yiou guys did the group buy i would like to be on the list but it all depends on when you guys are buying? if you could let me know thatnk you!!

I would have to say that they make great guns at affordable price. I have sold several Olympic Arms rifles and pistols, and never have had any problems with any of them. Makes all my customers happy.