Sign in to follow this  
Pacman

4 rail handguards

Anyone tried these two piece 4 rail handguards?

https://secure.valinet.com/~yankeeh/cgi-bin...d=1076187_21735

http://www.fulton-armory.com/GuardianHandguard.htm

The first one from YHM says it is aluminum and very solid. The reason I have to have a 2 piece is that my FH is welded on. Therefore a free float is not an option.

I know I should have gotten one put on when I ordered it but I didn't. D> What can I say.

Input appreciated.

Chris

Bah, they're alright...I got the surefire one's on mine...great stuff but they're expensive ($200), the top one stays on by applying pressure on the gas tube so you can keep the bottom part off (as it says). They're very solid and reliable, decent price too.

Don't get the second one unless all you're going to put on it are bipods...

Bah, they're alright...I got the surefire one's on mine...great stuff but they're expensive ($200), the top one stays on by applying pressure on the gas tube so you can keep the bottom part off (as it says). They're very solid and reliable, decent price too.

Don't get the second one unless all you're going to put on it are bipods...

114958[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of getting the YHM. I like the fact that it is made of aluminum vs plastic. I also don't plan on mounting the optics on this rail as it most likely wouldn't hold a 0. It will be for lights and verticle grip.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of getting the YHM. I like the fact that it is made of aluminum vs plastic. I also don't plan on mounting the optics on this rail as it most likely wouldn't hold a 0. It will be for lights and verticle grip.

Thanks,

Chris

115021[/snapback]

NP...I just didn't want you buying the bottom little fake picitanny rail then later buy the four ways...

I hate it when I waste money, I wouldn't want you to do the same...

NP...I just didn't want you buying the bottom little fake picitanny rail then later buy the four ways...

I hate it when I waste money, I wouldn't want you to do the same...

115028[/snapback]

Good to know we are all looking out for each other.

Chris

Little late for this thread... but for anyone else, the 2 Pc YHM style 4 Rail system will not work on a Bushmaster DCM due to the heavy barrel size, even though they said it would work on any AR type rifle.

But since I only wanted to run the Harris Bipod and possibly a small Flashlight\Laser, the B.M.A.S. 3 Rail Triple mount that installs forward of the sight works just fine.