Sign in to follow this  
macshooter

Model 1 sales

I've been looking at the posts on AR15.com. It seems like alot of people are trashing Model 1 sales for poor customer service after the sale (when stuff breaks), and parts coming loose or breaking after a while. Specificly the "gas key" is said to come lose with shooting, but it it's supposed to be easy to fix.)

I'm looking for feedback from people that have built AR's from model 1 uppers and have put a bunch of ammo through them. My gut tells me things will probably work out ok with model 1, but I would like to know the things I should watch for on these guns, especially about stuff that might come lose and f*ck sh*t up. I'm stone cold new when it comes to AR's and putting one together will make the 3rd time I've ever even touched one...

Also, anyone use Stag lowers? Are they OK?

I work in a retail store and I try not to take the bad reviews too seriously. There are always 2 sides to the story.

No one here has said anything but good about Model 1 Sales.

Edited by benny429

The customer service at Model "1" Sales is poor.

However I have been happy with the products I have received.

-Thed

As Thed has said...I also think the kit was good quality...for the money. So far I'm happy with my build.

Their service however...is mediocre at best. Even when dealing with the owner of the company...he was less than professional answering questions I had about buying from them.

Given the experience...I would probably not recommend them to others...esp first-time builders.

I still feel like I got my money's worth.

:c)l:

I work in a retail store and I try not to take the bad reviews too seriously.  There are always 2 sides to the story.

No one here has said anything but good about Model 1 Sales.

114721[/snapback]

Man- they are hard on Model 1 Sales at AR15.com.

So, is there a inexpensive way to build a quality AR?

I would still consider the Model"1"Sales route.

There is something that I have noticed over the years. When you get a "Deal" its typically because there is something else the vendor is skimping on. I personally beleive that Model "1" Sales focus is on lower cost AR kits, and are more interested in selling quantity. Stack em deep, sell em cheap. The drawback of this kind of sales strategy, is that the customer service and support will suffer. They are able to keep the prices low with an acceptable profit margin by cutting some corners. The quality of the parts kits are very good. So the corner they cut is support staff.

I still have eMails they have not responded to.

However, I would buy from them again. Use their website and pick out your kit. I have gotten the best results this way. If you call, and want an unusual kit set up, the guy taking the order will screw it up (this happened to me). The kits ordered off the website directly seem to come exactly as ordered.

-Thed

I have used them for years and years. Yes their customer service sucks, real bad. Would I use them again? Yes. They are dirt cheap.

I also use M and A parts, I believe they are kin folks with model !.

Bob