Sign in to follow this  
Pacman

Ordered kit today

They said they have it in stock and will ship it today. I ordered an M4 flat top with threaded barrel. They said it usually takes about 3 days to Kansas City. Can't wait.

Now I need to order a flip up rear sight or detachable carry handle.

I may check CDNN. I think they have carry handles.

Woo Hoo. I'm building this weekend. :D

Chris

They said they have it in stock and will ship it today. I ordered an M4 flat top with threaded barrel. They said it usually takes about 3 days to Kansas City. Can't wait.

Now I need to order a flip up rear sight or detachable carry handle.

I may check CDNN. I think they have carry handles.

Woo Hoo. I'm building this weekend. :D

Chris

110602[/snapback]

What does this kit consist of? I take it you don't get the receiver with it. Any links to look at these kits? How much was it?

Jared

a rifle kit is everything other than the recever, the legal "gun". look up m&a parts, eather on google, or the good guy list, i know i left a link there.

wtg

??????????

ok, i was thinking along the lines of what the, and could not guess the third word. i was hoping for a new curse word.

What does this kit consist of?  I take it you don't get the receiver with it.  Any links to look at these kits?  How much was it?

Jared

110662[/snapback]

Jared,

The kit is supposed to contain everything you need minus a stripped lower receiver. I got a stripped DPMS receiver at the last gun show. This is the part that has to be transferred by an FFL. The kit comes in the mail directly to you.

The cost is $475 plus $19 shipping. The receiver was $105 total out the door.

The receiver is from CMMG which is evidently one of the high end AR-15 custom shops. They come to the gun show in Kansas City.

I will try and post pics this weekend.

Chris

The kit from M&A came today. Well packed and in nice shape. I started fiddling with the parts when I got home. I fiddled for about 10 minutes and the damn thing almost done. This is freakin incredible!

So far it looks good on a DPMS receiver.

I will post pics this weekend.

Chris

Sounds great!

What kind of optics are you going to go with?

Make sure you have lots of pics for us and a final range report when everything is finished.

:c)l:

Okay, here are some preliminary pics. One change as of today, I just got a Hogue grip for it.

Yes I know, I need to clean off my work bench. I'll try to get some better pics tomorrow without all the crap behind it.

This is a DPMS lower from CMMG and an M4 kit from M&A Parts. The barrell is a 14.5" with a permanent flash hider bringing it a hair's width over 16" total.

Chris

post-2963-1099185697_thumb.jpgpost-2963-1099185724_thumb.jpgpost-2963-1099185756_thumb.jpg

So what is your total, overall price you've spent on it? How much is this compared to a preconstructed rifle? Is she ready to fire?

Jared

So what is your total, overall price you've spent on it?  How much is this compared to a preconstructed rifle?  Is she ready to fire?

Jared

112093[/snapback]

$105 for lower receiver from CMMG

$494 shipped for the M4 kit from M&A

$58 shipped for the carry handle from CDNN

$657 total

extras

$20 from gun show for Hogue rubber grip

$35 from gun show for AR15 multi tool.

Not too bad, and I built it myself. :D

Chris

Just one thing that bother's me... A newly built ar on the work bench with a roll of duct tape behind it... :rofl:

The rifle looks great! ok>

-vic F}

Just one thing that bother's me... A newly built ar on the work bench with a roll of duct tape behind it...  :rofl:

The rifle looks great! ok>

-vic F}

112227[/snapback]

The duct tape is used in attaching the barrel to the upper. This is much easier than using that silly looking wrench and nut. :rofl:

Actually, I used the duct tape to protect the lower receiver when I pressed the two roll pins in. Also, I covered the jaws of a pair of good pliers and used them to get the pins into the receiver. It worked much easier than trying to pound them in.

Chris