Sign in to follow this  
RedRyder21

Heard of this brand?

Has anybody here heard of Model "1" AR-15's www.model1sales.com? I picked up a catalog with an ad for the in it. Any history behind these guys? I will not be in any "3 gun matches" or anything. It will mainly be a once a month weekend shooter.

:thnks:

if you look through the "good guys list" it will tell you the experances people have had around here, also you want to google "AR parts kits" there might be somewhere close to you selling them.

They are pretty good. I think there are better quality kits out there, but certainly nothing better in terms of bang for your buck.

Their website is well organized and easy to navigate. They also have a very large selection if kits and options...so that you can usually end up with something that is quite unique if your looking for a more original build.

Make sure you have the necessary tools to complete the build if you plan on doing it yourself, if not you can usually find a local gunsmith that will do the whole gun for 20-40, and check it/lube it up for you.

I purchased a SS heavy varmint 18in upper kit with RRA lower off of gunbroker and I was more than pleased with the results.

post-2371-1098103635_thumb.jpg

Edited by warlock

I have built three AR rifles from Model "1" Sales Kits.

3M1Sar15.jpg

For the end price of the completed rifle, it is a tough deal to beat.

Model "1" Sales has a great website which makes ordering a custom rifle pretty easy. The flip side is that when you call them, a few people there are not very pleasant. I have also had two eMails sent to them within the past two weeks which have received no response.

Specifically for getting some numbers from them to organize an AR kit group buy.

-Thed

Now that you mention it Thed, the couple times I've had to call them/email them, their customer service wasn't quite up to par.

:c)l: