Sign in to follow this  
OSCAR812

AR-15 vs. M4

I know the AR-15 is just the civilian version of the M4. I was out looking for a used AR and came across one that was great shape and also came across an M4 in the same, both are semi auto and both have scopes. They both are in the same price range give or take $20.00. The AR is made by Rock River and I can't remember who the M4 is made by. I was wondering which one would be better to purchase?

What more info do you need? They both look the same, both have collapsable stocks, scopes, and flash reducers.

108140[/snapback]

Manufactures, types/lengths of barrels, types of scopes, how used (how many rounds fired) and for what price are they offering

Edited by Riot

sorry OSCAR812 i am confused, an AR-15 is a 5.56mm sime-auto rifle, of barral leaghenth of 16' to 24' (bigest i have seen), and a M4 is a select fire rifle, with a 14' barral and removiable carry handle. what were you looking at?

sorry OSCAR812 i am confused, an AR-15 is a 5.56mm sime-auto rifle, of barral leaghenth of 16' to 24' (bigest i have seen), and a M4 is a select fire rifle, with a 14' barral and removiable carry handle. what were you looking at?

108335[/snapback]

Emclean is right...But some people may catagorize an AR-15 as a 20+" barrel and a fixed A2 stock...while they may consider an M4 as a 14"barrel 16"w/ the brake and a collapseable stock as the M4...If this is the case then it would depend on what your intensions are...If you want to clear a building id say a M4...if your going to be shooting 150+ yards id go with the "A2"

I went back by the gun store to get more info on those guns today but both have been sold already, but if they were there would one be better than the other if they had the same options, stocks, barrel lenghths, same manufacturer?

i would consider an "ar-15" type rifle to be any stoner design milspec compatable rifle that can be used in conjuntion with currently available designs: ie: weapons that look like the M16 (long barrel) M4 (shorter barrel, collapsable stock), commando, pistol, and Colt SMG (9mm) style weapons.

They did have another gun come in though it was a Bushmaster XM15 with a 4 point collaspable stock, a trijicon reflex sight, and a price tag of $849.00 doesn't look like it's ever been used but it's sitting with the rest of the used rifles.