Sign in to follow this  
machineguneddie

opinions please

I need comparisons on AR lowers. quality vs. price vs. availability vs. value... etc. etc.

edit: I can get an Oly here locally for the msrp (129.95). but then again there is going to be a gun show here next weekend and I'm hoping I can find a pretty good deal on one.

Edited by machineguneddie

My opinion may not mean crap, but i like my oly plinker model, all around. my very good friend has dpms lowers and he loves them, now i dont know which is better, but thats my .02cents

The oly arms stuff is good.... you'd be well served with one.

Some say they dont like the plinker model because its "cast" instead of "forged"... but if it works, and you enjoy it.. so what!! ok>

I've also heard great things about DPMS and Bushmaster.

In my opinion.. all of the quality makers out there are making good parts... and you'll be well served with any of them.

the only maker I have seen who I did not like... was Hesse.

Careful... making a pistol out of a rifle is against federal law.... something similar happened to Randy Weaver.. and you remember how that ended. ok>

I have an RRA lower and model1sales upper kit. Its a nice build...however if I could do it all over again....I would just go dpms all the way:)

Good stuff....and some nice 308 conversions.

I just built a 20" A2 on a DPMS forged lower and it is great. It has a little extra material around where the buffer tube screws in, compared to my Colt and Essential Arms.

From what I hear lowers are made by a couple of companies for all the others. I would buy any brand with the exception of Hesse ( vulcan arms). Parts kits are all good from, model 1, ranger sales, j&t etc.

Good luck and have fun.

Bob

Edited by odontia32m