Sign in to follow this  
RedRyder21

Sunset AWB

I ask this question because someday I want an AR-15. The only problem is it will be at least a year or more before I can dole out the cash for one. My question is....

1. Do all AR mags genreally fit all brands of AR's. Would I be crazy to go out now and stock up on the 30 round mags before I buy an AR?

2. Was the AR a AWB item?

1. Do all AR mags genreally fit all brands of AR's. Would I be crazy to go out now and stock up on the 30 round mags before I buy an AR?

2. Was the AR a AWB item?

1) yes they do, and the AR mags were never hard to find, so i would say no need to stock up

2)yes, by name

the AR-15 was named in the ban but you could still buy copies of it by other names (being as a name is nothing but a name and banning a name is rather silly)

Let me ask this... how does a state have the Authority to manipulate the Bill of Rights????

Really! Why can Ca. for example have tighter restrictions than Federal mandate? Can all the states then decide to take guns away from all citizens, under State authority?

If Kerry wins the election I guarantee you will see a version of it back within his 4 years of presidency (or eight if he were to win two terms).

If Bush wins the election no Assault Weapons ban will be passed under his presidency.

I don't want this to be politcal..... Didn't Bush say he would not enact an AWB but if it came across his desk to re-enact he would sign it.

Let me ask this... how does a state have the Authority to manipulate the Bill of Rights????

Really! Why can Ca. for example have tighter restrictions than Federal mandate? Can all the states then decide to take guns away from all citizens, under State authority?

105968[/snapback]

The Bill of Rights is designed to give the individual states greater power. At the time they were under what amounts to a totalitarian government, and the Bill of Rights was put in place to prevent the CENTRAL government from gaining power over the people beyond its place. For example, when a choad comes on a site and starts raising hell, and the mods start to put him in his place, that is not a violation of Freedom of Speech, because it is a private board. Same thing on a state level ok>

Well in that example it is an authority used wisely and with taste. ok>

The reason the AWB was allowed to sunset was because Congress realized that it did nothing to prevent crime, as it was intended. As such, I don't think we'll see another federal AWB, but I definitely think we'll see more state AWB's (there are already several...).

Good thing I live in Kansas; we haven't swung Democrat since the '60's...now all we need is CCW!!!

Jared