Sign in to follow this  
herman

What you think

Hi folks, I want to buil up an M4, now I was doing some research an I came up with this.

DPMS M4A3 upper, this includes 16in. barrel with A2 flash suppresor can I add a silencer with this?, flat top.

Ameetec M4 lower receiver.

and to put some some an Aimpoint ML2.

also an spectergear 3 point tactical sling.

Now I was concerned about accuracy do you guys thinks this build up it´s Ok

thks a lot also accept opinions.

Hi folks, I want to buil up an M4, now I was doing some research an I came up with this.

DPMS M4A3 upper, this includes 16in. barrel with A2 flash suppresor can I add a silencer with this?, flat top.

Ameetec M4 lower receiver.

and to put some some an Aimpoint ML2.

also an spectergear 3 point tactical sling.

Now I was concerned about accuracy do you guys thinks this build up it´s Ok

thks a lot also accept opinions.

103353[/snapback]

What are your concerns with accuracy? You aren't going to be building the most accurate rifle in the world, but it should be fine for an m4.

yeah you rigth but I mean I can shoot the target 500mt away in the center of the freakin bull with the litlle monster i try to build.

i think i didn´t ask right i was tryin´ to say if that "frankenstain"will work. thats it.

and in the fire selector options are??? safe-semi-3burst/full wich one you´ll choose

thanks again

You know silencers and full auto or burst capable firearms are not leagle to just go out and purchace? unless you happen to be from somewhere besides the States of course. I don't see a 19 year old kid gettin permission from BATF to obain these, even if your local laws permit it. 500m dead center with a 16" bbl? Are you sure you REALLY caught that fish?

yeah you rigth but I mean I can shoot the target 500mt away in the center of the freakin bull with the litlle monster i try to build.

i think i didn´t ask right i was tryin´ to say if that "frankenstain"will work. thats it.

and in the fire selector options are??? safe-semi-3burst/full wich one you´ll choose

thanks again

103404[/snapback]

Nah, you won't even be able to hit the bull at 200 yards with a 16 in barrel...at least reliably. If you can keep your groups on paper, then that will be a plus.

!9 years old....and you want to custom build a rifle thats over 1000 bucks?

But your not sure if its fully automatic...or how to use spellcheck?

BWHAHA

I'm smelling something...

(chk out my build at the bottom...maybe your thinking something like this)

Edited by warlock

herman do you know what ballistics are, namely exterior ballistics?

if your goal is accuracy at 500 meters i suggest you do some research on another caliber because .223 isn't it.

as for selective fire options... yer joking right? the only 'selective' toggle you will have is a safety, if you want more options then it's time to join up and play w/ the militarys' m-4's.

Now maybe if you were shooting a full size 24 in bushy varminter with using 75 grain bullets...then maybe...if you were a good shot to begin with...you could reach out to 500 meters.

What you think RKBA?

In short, for the .223 to stand a chance at a distance, you will need a longer barrel with at least a 1:8" twist to stabilize a heavier 75+ grain projectile, not to mention really good wind estimation skills.

The light .223 bullet, with its low ballistic coefficient, is very susceptible to the effects of wind, which really limits its long range potential. While it is possible to achieve acceptable accuracy at 600 meters on a calm day, it is on the windy days where the problems occur, with crosswind drift numbers @ 10 MPH in the 14-15" range @ 300 yards. With a 10 MPH cross wind even a heavier match projectile is going to drift around 9-10" @ 300 yards. Getting the first round on target will require superior wind & range estimation skills and some deal of luck IMHO. After that, you must keep track of the wind constantly.

I am going to disregard the FA and silencer stuff.

ok..you need a little more research.

Accuracy from a .223 at 500m? no way. If you expect to hit anything with a 1 power scope with a 4 moa dot at 500m you have been terribly misinformed. Fire selector, not for you..suppressor, fraid not.

If you want to hit anything past a few hundred yards, I would suggest at least a 24" barrel and a round with more power, like 300 win mag or 300 WSM.

-Tyler

ok..you need a little more research.

Accuracy from a .223 at 500m?  no way.  If you expect to hit anything with a 1 power scope with a 4 moa dot at 500m you have been terribly misinformed.  Fire selector, not for you..suppressor, fraid not.

If you want to hit anything past a few hundred yards, I would suggest at least a 24" barrel and a round with more power, like 300 win mag or 300 WSM.

-Tyler

103568[/snapback]

We have an Army shooter who can hit targets at 1000m with an M16. Mind you it's more decked out and tweaked than my AR-15 will ever be.

Edited by Riot

Why in the world would you even mention accuracy at 500m and then talk about full auto? Herman, how about you send me the grand you are looking to "spend", and I'll build you something accurate at 500m and keep the rest of your dough for my troubles.

Jared

We have an Army shooter who can hit targets at 1000m with an M16. Mind you it's more decked out and tweaked than my AR-15 will ever be.

103972[/snapback]

But was it a full auto M4 with 16" bbl and a one power scope?

-Tyler

But was it a full auto M4 with 16" bbl and a one power scope?

-Tyler

104231[/snapback]

Oh HELL no...