Sign in to follow this  
AR-TechGuy

The ULTIMATE Trigger...

I know there has got to be a bunch of you guys shooting small groups with the AR-15...

Any of you use an Adjustable Trigger? Match Grade Components? Let's talk about small groups and how we got there...

Actually, I shoot a pretty standard trigger on the AR-15/M16. The same is not true on my Remington 700 VS .308. That one has a Jewell two-stage at about 1.5#.

I did do a little work to smooth the AR trigger a long time ago, and used a "secret" anti-friction coating on it before firing it this weekend with a few military/government guys. I expect the coating to eventually be sold to the public. It's a commercial product in development.

Don't have any experience with the special AR triggers currently being sold.

I got one AR set up to crack at @2 - 2 1\2lbs. The first time I shot it at the range I actually had 4 holes out of 6 shots touching in a straight line at 100yds. I nearly crapped myself 'cause I had never been able do this before (with other AR's and heavy/long pulls). I like to think that it was the lightened trigger pull that helped me and not just 'dumb luck' although I am admittedly NOT that good of a shot...

Normally I am happy to do a 2 or 3" group at 100yds.(Iron Sights) but I try like heck to get better!

A real cool thing about the aftermarket triggers is that once you get them set up the way you want them, It doesn't take very long or any special tools to put your factory trigger back in if you want to. I got some guns that I wouldn't dream of 'messing' with but if I know that I can put them back like original it doesn't bother me as bad.

I had a Remington 700PSS at one time... It was a Tack-Driver at 100yds. out of the box. I had to let it go, Gun was just too big for my taste and the budget said so. {cry}

I know that you are lovin that Jewell in your Remington! :beer:

P.S. Could you please point me to some picture posting instructions and/or rules\requirements?

Thanks... :c)l:

Edited by AR-TechGuy

My AR is a Colt Custom Shop model, but I don't think they worked on the trigger group. Mostly checking the grouping on the flat-top upper receiver assembly. I normally shoot it with am M16 upper receiver I built from parts years ago. I guess it is less accurate, but more fun to shoot. I did recently mount a Leupold/Gilmore red dot on the handle. Makes a nice weapon. Fast target acquisition. Surprisingly accurate.

Ad far as pictures are concerned, there are a couple of ways to do that. If the photo is hosted on another site, just click on the IMG button on the reply page. The paste in the URL. You can get the URL by right clicking on the photo, then clicking properties. Then copy the URL. If the photo is on your computer, click on browse, below the typing place, and insert the photo as an attachment. The photo will be copied to the host computer here at HK94.com.

I'm not much of an armorer or gunsmith. I just polished the friction surfaces of my trigger group with some crocus cloth wrapped around a Popsicle stick. Have to be careful though. If you cut them down too much, you may end up buying some replacement parts.

Trigger replacements are good. Might give them a look. A top of the line Jewell will set you back a couple of sawbucks though. Less expensive alternatives are available. The super cheapies don't have a very good reputation.

Georgia Precision is a good company. That's where I got my Jewell trigger for the 700 Remington.

Midway USA also has a bunch of triggers for the AR-15, but Georgia Precision has better prices.

Yep the Jewell is excellent. Very precise. You don't lubricate them. You clean them by squirting lighter fluid into their works.

I did have to use the Dremmel tool on my 700VS stock to give enough clearance for the safety to work. Of course you can buy them without the safety or bolt release, if you prefer.

Yep the Jewell is excellent. Very precise. You don't lubricate them. You clean them by squirting lighter fluid into their works.

97556[/snapback]

Are you freekin serious?