Sign in to follow this  
Pacman

Daewoo parts?

Anyone know of a source for Daewoo rifle parts? I'm specifically looking for an original type folding stock and pistol grip as well as the gas plug adjustment.

Thanks,

Chris

Good luck PAcman. I had 2 beautiful and beloved daewoos. I sold them along time ago due to the low availability of parts for them. Again good luck. In my day with them I tried every parts supplier in the shot gun news. I sold them and went with the ar-15. MAn I miss them.

Bob

(wonders how illegal that would make my gun)

94788[/snapback]

With the proper US parts it wouldn't be illegal. But thanks for your input. It's always good to help keep each other from making dumb mistakes. :D

Chris

Good luck PAcman.  I had 2 beautiful and beloved daewoos.  I sold them along time ago due to the low availability of parts for them.  Again good luck.  In my day with them I tried every parts supplier in the shot gun news.  I sold them and went with the ar-15.  MAn I miss them.

Bob

94807[/snapback]

From reading up on them they might take internal parts from an AR-15, (trigger parts). Sounds like it anyway.

I found a place online that has a kit with the skeleton stock, pistol grip and comes with US made parts to make it legal. I just put in an order. I'll post how it looks. Also got a folder kit for it for after 9-13.

http://www.aceltdusa.com/index2.htm

Thanks,

Chris

i dunno about their guns, but they sure made crappy cars!

94858[/snapback]

Actually the gun feels very nice. I haven't heard anything negative about the gun other than lack of parts availability. From the reports I've read online people say it is as accurate as an AR but as reliable as an AK.

I'm going to go shooting this weekend to see what I think of it.

Chris

Actually the gun feels very nice. I haven't heard anything negative about the gun other than lack of parts availability. From the reports I've read online people say it is as accurate as an AR but as reliable as an AK.

I'm going to go shooting this weekend to see what I think of it.

Chris

94897[/snapback]

actually its a cross between the two. parts were taken from both systems.

and as far as parts go, Ive never shot mine LOL, I guess it wont break that way.

:c)l:

they do look better without the thumbhole stock

95113[/snapback]

Hope to see one without the thumbhole soon. :D

Chris

they do look better without the thumbhole stock

95113[/snapback]

BTW, are there any special rules for using pistol grips on the Korean guns other than the standard parts count rule? I think I remember hearing that the Norico AK's can't be converted to pistol grip even with US parts used. I can't seem to find where I got that from though.

Thanks,

Chris

Hope to see one without the thumbhole soon. :D

Chris

95145[/snapback]

The ACE skeleton stock looks great on the Daewoo. Also, the Daewoo ate Wolf ammo like crazy. I put about 200 rounds through it without any hiccup what so ever. Wouldn't trade this rifle for any other.

Chris

BTW, when getting the new stock and trigger component kit from ACE be sure to polish the contact surfaces between the trigger and hammer. They are still a bit roughly finished when delivered. A little polishing made them just as good as the originals. :D

The ACE skeleton stock looks great on the Daewoo. Also, the Daewoo ate Wolf ammo like crazy. I put about 200 rounds through it without any hiccup what so ever. Wouldn't trade this rifle for any other.

Chris

BTW, when getting the new stock and trigger component kit from ACE be sure to polish the contact surfaces between the trigger and hammer. They are still a bit roughly finished when delivered. A little polishing made them just as good as the originals. :D

96721[/snapback]

wheres the pics....

I wanna see pics

:c)l::c)l::c)l:

wheres the pics....

I wanna see pics

:c)l:  :c)l:  :c)l:

98673[/snapback]

Pics of the Daewoo with the ACE stock and folder. (All require US compliant parts installed).

I hope I added these right.

Chris

post-2963-1095895516_thumb.jpgpost-2963-1095895532_thumb.jpgpost-2963-1095895544_thumb.jpgpost-2963-1095895556_thumb.jpg