Heckler Koch MP5 SubMachine Gun
The Heckler Koch MP5 is the weapon of choice for anti-terrorist teams. It is more complex in design and expensive than comparable submachine guns, however the MP5 is a highly accurate weapon and ideal for close combat situations. The MP5 can fire 800 rounds per second or 13 rounds per second with its SEAR.
The Heckler and Koch MP5 weapon is an unusual submachine gun (SMG). In most SMG’s, a bolt travels forward inside, strips a round from the magazine and fires. This movement alters the balance of the rifle making it less accurate. The MP5 fires from a closed and locked bolt using the same blowback action as the popular HK G3 rifle. The advantage of this systems is that the HK MP5 is more accurate and safer to operate than other SMG’s.
The MP5 fires the 9-mm Parabellum cartridge. Although, less effective than the .45 bullet, in a short range shoot out it is extremely lethal. It’s advantages are more 9 mm ammo can be stored in the magazine and also be used in pistol
Marine Force Reconnaissance units, Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Teams and Military Police Special Response Teams have used the MP-5 submachine gun until 1999 when the M-4 rifle was chosen to replace it.
Click Here for MP5 Submachine Gun Parts
- MP5 Manufacturer: Heckler und Koch
- MP5 Length: 26.77 inches (varies based on configuration)
- MP5 Weight With 30 Round Magazine: 6.55 lbs (varies based on configuration)
- MP5 Bore Diameter: 9 mm Parabellum
- MP5 Maximum Effective Range: Area target: 328.1 feet
- Barrel Length: 8.86 inches
- MP5 Muzzle Velocity: 1,100 feet per second (cyclic)
- MP5 Cyclic Rate of Fire: Cyclic: 800 rounds per minute
- Magazine Capacity: 15 and 30 rounds
The MP5 retractable butt stock, a removable suppressor, and illuminating flashlight integral to the forward hand guard. The flashlight is operated by a pressure switch custom fitted to the pistol grip. This is the same basic weapon used by the FBI’s Hostage Rescue Team and other world-class counter-terrorist organizations.
Heckler Koch MP5 9 mm