asianthug

How Many Ak Mag A Person Should Have?

how many mag u should have and do have per rifle   90 members have voted

1. 1. how many mag u should have and do have per rifle

• 5 minimum
    • less than 10
    • 10 or more
    • can never have enough

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

hey guys,

i wonder how many mag you think a person should have for ak and other guns.

please let me know what u got and wish to get.

please be honest too because i am doing a survey on it.

right now i got:

1 5 round chinese mag that came with the gun (the rest didnt' come with it cuz it is a used gun)

10 30rd mag i bought for 12.5 bucks a piece brand new

2 40round mag; 1 new and one old. i keep the old one loaded at all time and next to the gun.

i wish to have 2 chinese 100rd drum and 1 75-drum. i would keep the 100rd mags for future reference and use the 75rder as defense and range use.

i like chinese mag because you can just load it and it won't get messed up as long as you don't wind up the spring pressure. it take 2 second to wind it up fully. that's why i would still keep a 40rd in the gun with the drum next to it for worst case scenario.

tell me how mag you think worth it and where i can get some for better deal than i got. i got mine at the gun shop 70 miles from my place. i get one mag each time i go there to check guns out or on the way to the range.

____

for my revolver, i got 2 speed loader that i can reload in less than 5 second. my taurus shoot .357 mag so i doubt i need more than 7shots to take care of one intruder.

110 answers to this question

:fir: I currently have five mags for my FAL, four 20rd and one 30rd. I plan on acquiring more, though. I plan on building another FAL, so then either I'll have half as many mags for each rifle, or I'll have a reason to acquire twice as many mags.

I have three mags for my Ruger 10/22.

I have probably twenty full-moon clips for my 45ACP revolver. -Captain Eddie

MAK-90 2, 40 rd. 6, 30rd. 2, 5 rd

AR-15 8 ,30rd. 1, 20 rd. 1, 10

Mini-14 2, 40 rd. 3, 30 rd. 2, 20rd. 2, 5rd.

Beretta-92FS 3, 15 rd. 1, 10rd.

1911 .45 2, 8rd. 4, 7rd.

Leaveing out a bunch I don't concidered my weapons, and the crappy mags. that don't work well enough to trust. AR 40rd. The 40rd. mini-14 mags are questionable.

When I collect military styled semi-autos, I try to keep this as my standard:

Weapon.

1 magazine for weapon.

1 pouch/carrier designed for the weaopn, and magazines to fill it.

Anything else is dead weight.

So with my SAR-1 (5) 30rnd magazines for each. (1) 4 mag belt pouch.

Same for my NHM-91 (RPK Clone) but add (1) 75 round drum and pouch.

For the 7.62x51mm rifles usually come with 20rnd mags. I get (2) of the 2 magazine belt pouches for these. Total of 5 mags per rifle minimum.

-Thed

cool guys.

i think for semi-auto, it is important to have at least 5 30rds mags for each gun. if you have several ak47variants, which do except each other mag as well, then you need a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 50 mag total. ak47 last a good long while, and they're are historical treasure. therefore, you can pass it on to your kids, nephews, siblings, and what not.

there is a similiar poll conducted elsewhere on another site. i can't believe how many liars there are out there. some people claim to have several hundreds mags. i am glad i am a member of true gun owners forum and respectful citizen.

keep U> ing folks

i only have three mags for my sks but i'm working on buying a 75 round ak-47 drum, (my sks takes ak-47 clips)

you can never have enough clips though, that way you do more shooting and less reloading, until you get home

i would advise against buying an drum now. wait to see how the 94 ban turn out. there is a very big chance it will die. that's when the market is flooded with new hicap mags. of course, you can still get 30rd and 40rd for under 10 bucks now. however, the freshly made and imported drum will more than likely cost under 40 bucks. it only cost china 2 bucks to make it. let's say they sell it to the importer for 10 bucks and they importer sell it to our market for 25 bucks. the shops will be very likely to make a quick profit of selling it for 35 so people can buy a lot of it. i find out that it is the cheap little things they sell that make folks come back to buy more items and possibly guns. people will dry far to buy cheap gun and they can also decide to shed out more money to buy from shops they like because they appreciate being treated as a regular. most shops fail to recognize that costumers like to feel belonged to the place.

i never feel at home at this one shop where i bought 2 accessaries. actually, they hate me because i return a malfunction gun. the shops i bought guns and stuffs from are ok, but i still don't feel like i belong there. and i hate how they got most gun behind counter so you have to take the sellers' time when you just want to check it out. it is a unwanted pressure that maybe you should buy it because you takes too long to look at it.

i have always wanted to get a drum mag, if nothing else then the intimadation factor, or just to make it look cool B{ U>

:fir: I would like to have something with a drum mag. I think that it would be really neat to have an AK-47 with a folding stock and a 75rd drum. I saw a Liberian on tv with one, and now I want one. -Captain Eddie

All my favorite guns now are bolt actions, I don't need mags. But for the semi autos, I think 1 minimum and 5 maximum. I usually have 2 or 3 per gun and don't see a need for any more.

1 minimum???? geez. u must train a lot. i like the idea of having 6 minimum; 1 in the gun and 5 in the chest pouch for that unwanted event. for shooting range, 5 will go into the tactical bag. that is minimum for the gun. i like more for backup in case i loose it or someone has a birthday and i run out of idea for gifts. i heard there is a rumor that mags will be the future currency when ww3 hit. :>)

For that unwanted situation? Why would anyone ever need 180 rounds of ammo for anything. Even in the worst SHTF scenario I can think of I can't see needing more than, say, 12 rounds. Just what are you people preparing for? Nuclear war, clash of the superpowers? This isn't the 50's. Even so, basic survival is far more important. My friend is a couple months away from becoming a SERE instructor at Fairchild and I shoot more than he does. The experts will tell you flight is more practical than how much firepower you can carry. The last time I went shooting I was at the range for a little over 2 hours and only shot 30 rounds total between 2 people and 3 guns. Where I live guns are a good idea to have around, but my home defense gun only has 4 rounds in it. Why? One, I'm confident I can hit my target and two, statistically the odds of anything happening are virtually nil. Snap back into reality, life isn't a Charles Bronson movie.

:fir: I have the most mags for the FAL, and only one mag for the TT-33. I plan on getting more for the TT-33, but, thus far, that one has served me well.

It's always good to have a surplus of ammo, as well as spare parts. -Captain Eddie

you can always say your sure your going to hit your target, but you never know until you are in that situation. you have to factor in the fear, the darkness, the worry for your family, and others. all of these could affect your aim. it is better to have more than enough ammo than not enough

:fir: With a semi-auto, more rounds are a good thing. It is amazing how quickly you can empty a gun. In a panic, your aim will be degraded, so having a few more rounds is helpful. This was the motivating force for many when switching from the 45ACP to the 9mm Para. -Captain Eddie

But you guys are missing the point. Do you honestly think someone is going to break into your house, and if you do, while you're there? It's a much much more likely scenario that it could get robbed while you're away, but it's still not very likely someone will just pick your house at random and attempt entry. Most robberies are done by people who know what you have and where you have it. Don't show your friend's friends your ultimate stash of guns or your $10,000 entertainment center and chances are you'll never experience a breakin in your life. Fear is obviously your motivating factor in taking such drastic measures to ensure the protection of your home. Would I be afraid if someone was in my house? No. I know they're gonna have at the most some crappy handgun or a crowbar. I have a tactical advantage over them, knowledge of the house, and a G3. Why should I be afraid?

:fir: If any of you receive the magazine American Rifleman, towards the begining of each magazine is a section devoted to stories of crimes that were thwarted by someone with a gun. Usually, the gun that saves the day is a handgun. -Captain Eddie

i live out of nowhere so the chance of the bullets exit my place and hit neighbor is as rare as the chance of them hitting the airplane. each time i go to the range or go shooting at my buddy's place, i always practice the kill or be killed scenario. that is, empty the entire 30rd mag in the direction of the intruder(s) and reload as fast as i can while under cover. even if there are 3 intruders, they won't survice as long as they are in the hallway, which is my main concern because they can get to my room or shoot at my room from there. i am sure i won't have anymore problem after that 1 mag, but it is nice to know ammo isn't the problem.

i do take long vacations, which i enjoy driving than taking the plane. i like driving. i keep my ak47 in the trunk unloaded and the revolver upfront loaded. i do have ccw permit so i won't get into trouble for having a loaded handgun close to me. going pass strange territory is safest when you are prepared for all things such as extra water, 2 quarts of oil just in case you get an oil leak, good spare tire and some emergency stuffs for the car, first aid kit, and some decent music to keep you awake. maps and plenty of 1 dollar bills and coins are need to pay toll fee and use the public phone in case your cellphone don't pick up signal. if you get a flat tire or something and has to pull over the side of the road out in nowhere, you better be loaded just in case someone try some sh*t. back in college, my friends and i drove all the way from north caroline to mexico in my extremely old but reliable honda civic. it was fine on the way there, even the poor mexican didn't want to steal my old car. but on the way back, there was a pickup truck following us for over 200 miles. that's some scary sh*t. my civic can get about 500 miles out of a full tank, which we luckily filled it up when we stopped for lunch at a restaurant. the pickup must have ran out of gas, so it pulled over at the gas station along the road while we kept on driving 85 miles an hour. that was scary. all we had was 2 baseball bat and some pocket knives cuz southerners don't go nowhere without our pocket knife. anyway, if those punks got guns and want to rob/kill us, we're death. i am no longer fortunate to have friends to take long trips with me, so i do most of my vacation with a cousin and my gf. it is better to have and not need than to be caught without one.

it is better to have and not need than to be caught without one.

:fir: Exactly. N/

It is always a good idea to have a firearm available. If someone is tailing you for more than 30 miles, a handgun would definately make you feel safer and more confidant knowing that you have the means to protect yourself and your loved ones.

There are alot of messed up people out there, which only makes me believe even more that guns are a necessity of life. That sounds a little nutty, but I'll never be without a gun. I plan on getting a CCW permit. I would like to have the option of carrying a gun with me.

I always have a pocket knife, no matter where I go. You never know when you'll have open a stubborn bag of m&ms. :D -Captain Eddie

down south, everyone got a pocket knife. it seem like pocket knife is part of either the jean or belt. D>

i know a lot of the older folks around here got either a .38 special or a .45 in their tool box in the back of the truck loaded without any permit. they're been doing it since the beginning of time. when you work on the farm and in the woods, u always got to have a knife and gun with you. u have never seen bears around here, but we got a lot of wild dogs and racoons, which can give your dog rabby if you don't shoot them. the worst animal around here would be those 2 leg creature that like to cut other people's woods illegally and just camp out on someone property and making mess and refuse to leave when the owner warn them.

we ain't got no beggar (yet) but sometime we got folks from dc coming down during the christmas season and hold up "work for food" sign. those are the ones we worry about cuz they prey on kind folks to give them yard work in return for food, but they end up robbing folks when they get to the house.

better not get caught with a concealed weapon when you don't have a permit, my underage brother got caught with a pistol in his jockey box, he almost got shot by the cops. they took they gun but didn't file charges. thankfully we know the cops around here so he will be able to get the gun back.

i think folks taking big risk when they have guns conceal without a permit. it is always a plus to get permit even if you don't carry. hell, i got a permit before i even got guns. it is like wearing a armor against crooked cops and da looking to get pay raised by putting as many people in the slammers as possible. and it is always easier to charge innocent people cuz innocent make some money so they got to shed out money to hire lawyer. when lawyers can't do sh*t, it is settleman for lesser charge with no jail time. cops and da still get paid and judge does too.

adn they love to do that to people who live outside of their town. that way u can't have impact on the next election.

back when i was taking karate man, my instructor told me that the fact that i take the class, i am more likely to be prosecuted by crooked da when someone rob me and i fight back. karate is catagorized as conceal weapon. yep, many places require you to inform the robbers you know karate before you can legally defend yourself.

yeah do this: "sir, i must warn you that i know karate and i am related to the late bruce lee. for the purpose of this self defense, my main weapon will be the side kick and elbow strike. if you're unfamiliar with those "deadly" moves, i'll be glad to give you a quick demostration......and......"5 mintues later".....u are doing excellence. i am sure you'll have no problem killing me now. shall we begin, it is getting late and i am sure you have a crack dealer to catch. "

bad f**k-up laws man.

You only need four rounds? No one will ever break into your house while you are at home? Get real, I have worked too many b&e's and homicides and can tell you there are bad asses that will kill you for the fun of it. Four rounds?, I have lived thru two shoot-outs and four rounds won't cut it in the real world. v>

:fir: That's why high-capacity mags became popular. Aiming is more difficult when someone is shooting at you! :<: -Captain Eddie