• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Cetme Lubrication

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jynxed

Jynxed

Support your right to arm bears.

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 06:05 PM

I recently broke down my Cetme to give it a thorough cleaning, now i'm curious as to where i'm supposed to lubricate and with what. The local gun store owner told me to only use oil and to simply lubicate the rollers and moving parts in the trigger assembly. I followed these instructions but still find that charging the gun is exceptionally difficult and was wondering if it needs more lubricant in more places. It sounds like metal is rubbing against metal and i'm worried about wearing out critical parts. I appreciate any help, thanks guys.

#2 Thed Re: Cetme Lubrication

Thed

RKI#2

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 07:33 PM

Hey Jynxed!

I am shooting tomorrow at Gibsons Outpost in Mesquite. I just called the user on this board "Animator" and he is going. We are meeting there a 10am. We kind of put this together last minute, so sorry about the short warning.

When you pull the bolt carrier back, it will be a little bit rough. The receiver is new, and unless you fired it, there will be a break in period for the rifle. After about 2-300 rounds , things will be alot smoother.

For the bolt carriers on my CETMEs, I use Rem Oil with Teflon. I put a thin spary on the carrier when I resaasemble the weapon after cleaning.

Let me know. If you need ammo, I will provide all of the Indian 7.62NATO you can shoot, on me! On a side note: I prefer to use a higher quality round for breaking rifles in. If you need some higher quality ammo, I will sell it to you at cost.

Let me know,

-Thed

#3 Jynxed Re: Cetme Lubrication

Jynxed

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 10:23 PM

That's a very nice offer Thed, but tomorrow morning at 7 am my friends and I are going out to some property to shoot up some trees. Some other time i'll take you up on it though.

#4 Jynxed Re: Cetme Lubrication

Jynxed

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 12:12 PM

We had a good time today, just got back, it's hot as hell today. Anyway, the Cetme wouldn't chamber a round when charged it so I had to strip it down at the ranch. Even after putting a little lubricant around the reciever, it's still extremely difficult to charge. Not only that, i'm having incredible feed problems, after charging the first round is only pushed halfway up, it can clearly be seen in the ejection port. It seems as if the reciever doesn't have enough kinetic energy to load the round. Since I didn't want to sit around with nothing to shoot I solved the problem by loading a round in the chamber, then placing a mag in and it shot relatively well, with a few jams here and there. So, now to the question, I feel like i'm missing something here, am I lubing the wrong places? Is something wrong with the gun? I've been told there's a break in period but it feels like i'm trying to shoot a gun with a rusted bolt (which it isn't, i've scrubbed it) Any help is much appreciated.

#5 vic20owner Re: Cetme Lubrication

vic20owner

Reloaded ammo is dirty

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 06:59 AM

I put a small dab of axle grease on each rail in the receiver and rubbed it in good. This helped a tremendously. Everywhere else (rollers, etc) I just used a light oil.

#6 TriggerHappy Re: Cetme Lubrication

TriggerHappy

Military Brat

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 01:15 AM

Jynxed, when charging the gun, are you letting the charging handle ease forward, letting it close slowly? If thats what you are doing, try this....let that puppy fly forward and slam shut. Thats the way its designed to load that first round. I had made that same mistake when I first got my CETME. Letting that thing fly like that didnt seem natural to me, but thats what its supposed to do. Its also one of the "cool factors" of the CETME!!

Dont know if you are or arent doing this, but its just a little piece of info that may help you out if you didnt already know this.

One more thing that could cause the hard charging....check the charging handle pin. Make sure its not protruding too far out and binding up, making charging difficult. If you see wear on it, take a hammer and punch and set it in a little more. I had to do this with mine.

Hope this helps ya out a bit. ok>

....Trigg.

#7 Jynxed Re: Cetme Lubrication

Jynxed

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 12:39 PM

I am letting the gun charge normally. Usually I set the charge handle in the groove to leave the ejector port open, then when a new mag is loaded I just slap it and it closes. Also, the pin has been welded in so I can't do anything about it. The store owner that I talked to seemed pretty confident that all I needed was a few drops of oil on the rollers, as has been my experience this is either not working or something is grinding away at the Cetme's innards. I've checked everything and can't imagine why it's doing this, i'm thoroughly confused.

#8 TriggerHappy Re: Cetme Lubrication

TriggerHappy

Military Brat

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 11:02 PM

The charging handle pin is welded??? It shouldnt be welded. Ive never heard of one that was. From the sounds of it, your doing everything the right way. I really dont kow what else to tell you. Im sure youll get other answers from others in here that know more about it than I do.

Sorry I couldnt help you out more on your prob. Hope it works out for ya though!

....Trigg.

#9 Thed Re: Cetme Lubrication

Thed

RKI#2

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 11:08 PM

Does it sound like there is abraisive material in the receiver.

When I cleaned out the two stamped steel CETME's I own, I had to scrub the interior with a tooth brush and float out debris with a rag wrapped over the tip of a screwdriver.

The rails that the bolt carrier moves back and forth on need to be lubed as well.

I have reread the posts in this thread and have these recomendations:

Disassemble you magazines and remove all the grease and crud from the interior. Relube these and reassemble.

Chances are Century arms built your CETME with a used bolt carrier spring. It could not hurt to replace this. It sounds like you are having problems with the spring having sufficient force to quickly move the carrier forward.

Inspect the rod and spring mounted to the buttstock, to see if it's bent in any way.

-Thed

#10 Jynxed Re: Cetme Lubrication

Jynxed

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 08:29 AM

Damn you century arms! *shakes fist* Okay Thed, i'll break it down this weekend and take a look at everything again. I know the mags are clean so it's got to be something on the interior...

I just remembered, I put on the b-claw scope mount after reassembling the rifle. Since mine is a stamped reciever, and the b-claws are notorious for being too tight, could this have been the guns casing? I took it off because it would no longer charge, but now i'm worried that i've done something that can't be undone.

Edited by Jynxed, 20 July 2004 - 08:33 AM.

#11 emclean Re: Cetme Lubrication

emclean

A True Legend on the Gun Forums

• Veteran Member
  • 11,448 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:04 AM

are you aware of all the sick and descusting jokes the title of this thread brings to mind?

#12 Thed Re: Cetme Lubrication

Thed

RKI#2

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:05 AM

Its not as bad as a thread titled "Ejection Problem" :rofl:

Gift Ideas - Bulk Ammo Sale