• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Video Beheading Of American

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
197 replies to this topic

#151 eugene13087

eugene13087

Sten Guns Rule

• Members
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:06 PM

I hate it when people say, "oh they are over there, what are they going to do to us?" We are at war now, not like WW2 where it was nation against nation. It is nation against culture. And despite their status as a culture, they can still hurt us. Embassy Bombings, USS Cole, 9/11 and they can work away at democratic countries like Israel, and then force us to lose a friend in freedom.

#152 emclean Re: Video Beheading Of American

emclean

A True Legend on the Gun Forums

• Veteran Member
  • 11,454 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:18 PM

(remember the guy who fragged his Officers?)

He is hard to forget, you donít usually see $hit piled that high.

I hate it when people say, "oh they are over there, what are they going to do to us?"

Who said that?

#153 eugene13087 Re: Video Beheading Of American

eugene13087

Sten Guns Rule

• Members
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:34 PM

the people who say that are the peaceniks (censored --------------------) that I hear and see a lot as I live in the People's Republic of California, temporarily.

#154 Buckshot Bob Re: Video Beheading Of American

Buckshot Bob

Self Defense A Basic Human Right

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 07:59 AM

Compairing christians and muslims doesn't, and never did hold any water. Not even close in comparison. It's only a distraction from the real problem.

Haven't seen alot of christian groups fireing off automatics chanting death to all muslims.
Before anyone brings up the crusades again, it was 500 years ago. Christianity actualy evolved since then.

No one can argue that any other religion holds a candle in barbarism on such a large scale, from their begining to today.

Tim Mcvey and the unibomber were products of the Klinton adminstration. Klintons black suited nazies raiding homes caused militias and the home grown terrorists to pop up. Besides their still a rare oddity, hunted down and punished

What was Malvoes and the marine who fraged his own mens motive.

I do respect others opinions. We're in the same boat. Only trying to understand the oposition to what seems like common sence to me. Never could comprehend liberal thinking. :D

#155 BrowningBDA Re: Video Beheading Of American

BrowningBDA

RKI#1

• Veteran Member
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 08:31 AM

Compairing christians and muslims doesn't, and never did hold any water. Not even close in comparison. It's only a distraction from the real problem.

Haven't seen alot of christian groups fireing off automatics chanting death to all muslims.
Before anyone brings up the crusades again, it was 500 years ago. Christianity actualy evolved since then.

No one can argue that any other religion holds a candle in barbarism on such a large scale, from their begining to today.

Tim Mcvey and the unibomber were products of the Klinton adminstration. Klintons black suited nazies raiding homes caused militias and the home grown terrorists to pop up. Besides their still a rare oddity, hunted down and punished

What was Malvoes and the marine who fraged his own mens motive.

I do respect others opinions. We're in the same boat. Only trying to understand the oposition to what seems like common sence to me. Never could comprehend liberal thinking. :D

Actually... is was like 900 years ago.... and at that time, christianity was used as an excuse to plunder & rape.... for political reasons.

As for Oklahoma city........... as terrible as it was, and it WAS.... it never would have occured had Waco not gone down the way it did.

I was watching the news this morning... talking about the trail coming up for the other dude (McVeigh's helper... forget his name).... and I couldn't help thinking that there was never a trail for anyone on the government side of Ruby Ridge or Waco...... even though the judge in Randy Weavers case flamed the FBI big time...

No one was ever brought to justice.... and so... Oklahoma city happened. It didn't need to... and that can be laid at the feet of Janet Reno & Klinton.

Off topic, I know... but I ran out of coffee... so I'm drifting... M/

#156 saintsfanbrian Re: Video Beheading Of American

saintsfanbrian

Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a gun begins

• Members
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 08:48 AM

ACcording to Yahoo!!!

Iraqis Arrest Four in Berg Beheading

3 minutes ago

By SABER BABAN, Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraqi police have arrested four people in the killing of American Nicholas Berg and believe a nephew of Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) was involved in Berg's beheading, an Iraqi security official said Friday.

AP Photo

AP Photo
Slideshow: Iraq

Latest headlines:
∑ Iraqis Arrest Four in Berg Beheading
AP - 3 minutes ago
∑ Iraqi Insurgents Release Spanish Reporter
AP - 4 minutes ago
∑ Offices of U.S. ally in Iraq raided
Chicago Tribune - 8 minutes ago
Special Coverage

The suspects were former members of Saddam Hussein's Fedayeen paramilitary organization, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity. They were May 14 in a house in Salaheddin province, north of Baghdad. The province includes Tikrit, Saddam's hometown.

The group that was involved in the killing of Berg was led by Yasser al-Sabawi, a nephew of Saddam Hussein, the security official said. He said American intelligence had asked Iraqi authorities to hand over the suspects, but they were still in Iraqi hands.

Al-Sabawi was not among those arrested, the Iraqi official said.

Police intelligence agents arrested the suspects as they arrived to "plot other major operations," the official said without elaborating. Four suspects had arrived early for the 7 p.m. meeting and were inside the house, waiting for a fifth associate who escaped arrest, he said.

Police seized weapons and explosives at the site. The Iraqi official said the informant who tipped off authorities was killed by unidentified gunmen the day after the arrests.

American officials have said they believe Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Jordanian wanted for allegedly organizing attacks on U.S. troops in Iraq (news - web sites) on behalf of al-Qaida, personally carried out Berg's killing.

On Tuesday, Interior Minister Samir Shaker Mahmoud al-Sumeidi refused to comment on reports of arrests in the Berg case.

The body of Berg, 26, was found May 8 near a highway overpass in Baghdad. He was last seen on April 10 when he left his Baghdad hotel.

A video posted May 11 on an al-Qaeda-linked Web site showed a bound Berg in an orange jumpsuit. He was sitting in front of five men, their faces masked, as one read an anti-American text.

After pushing Berg to the floor, the men severed his head with a knife and held it up for the camera. They said his killing was in response to the abuse of Iraqis at Abu Ghraib prison.

#157 Buckshot Bob Re: Video Beheading Of American

Buckshot Bob

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 09:03 AM

Not exactly an atheist, but I've always thought ALL religions are self serving, and full of pagan rituals.

The topic of christian atrosities always seems to come up when discussing terrorists. I've never been able to see a compairisom. The world as a whole was primitive dureing the crusades.

I totaly agree the Feds. should have been held accountable for Waco and Ruby ridge. I'm sure all involved have been promoted by now.
Koresh was a wacko, but they went about it all wrong.

Mr. Wever was set up, and a victom all around in my eyes. The midia tried to paint him as a nut.

#158 huskerfan Re: Video Beheading Of American

huskerfan

Ahoy hoy

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 05:57 PM

Could someone tell me what wassaid during the video, my speakers aren't working right now. :-: You can paraphrase.

#159 gettin'it Re: Video Beheading Of American

gettin'it

Shotgun Sam

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:09 PM

On page 3 of this thread is the jibberish you are looking for!

#160 huskerfan Re: Video Beheading Of American

huskerfan

Ahoy hoy

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:24 PM

That footage makes me sick, and finnaly learning what they were saying. :vom:

#161 Yahoshua Re: Video Beheading Of American

Yahoshua

Blued Steel

• Veteran Member
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 02:16 AM

You know, When I was younger and while I was reading the scriptures, God told the Israelites to absolutely massacre every man, woman, child, and animal that existed in the land of Canaan. I thought it was cruel, harsh, genocidal, and it naturally went against everything I beleived in, until I read about what they did.

They sacrified children, babies, in bonfires, they murdered without reason, they raped without a second thought, they stole, they lied, they deceived, they were the scum of the earth: and these people are no different. Islam is a religion meant to dominate, during WWII the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (Yassir Arafats' Great Grandfather, or his Uncle, I dunno which one) was buddy buddy with Hitler, and vowed to help him drive the Jews to destruction from the earth.

I wouldnt care if the creator of the Universe came to me and personally told me to stop, but if I even see a single prisoner, or soldier alone, he is going to die, whether it be a man, woman, or a child. I will show no mercy, because I won't be given any.

#162 BrowningBDA Re: Video Beheading Of American

BrowningBDA

RKI#1

• Veteran Member
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 10:44 AM

You Know Yahoshua... More folks have been killed, murdered, raped, tortured, ect... men... women... children... in the name of the "scriptures" than for any other reason.

I might add that the Church in Rome did nothing against Hitler as well........ and many, many christians in Germany & Italy commited many, many evils in WWII... not just the Grand Mufti... and not just Hitler alone. German soldiers carried bibles too. Hitler was Christian as well.......... and went so far as to track down the spear used to stab jesus on the cross.

Should we allow him, Hitler... or the Roman Church of WWII, to represent ALL christians???

But saying that you would murder a Prisoner... or soldier.... a woman... or a child... on this forum... is going too far. I've allowed the "nuke 'em all" talk because it was a generalized statement... venting... and it allowed for folks to discuss the issue... which they did rationaly. But to actually say that you would kill a child because they are muslim...... we can't have that here. Thats not what we stand for... the forum, or America. ok>

You are of course entitled to you beliefs... and your opinions.... and I would never say otherwise. But I can't let the forum itself be the place for these kinds of statements... be it from our side... or from the terrorist side.

No offense... but think of it this way. what you just said is the SAME THING that al queda stands for. See an american.... man, woman, child, no matter... kill the american. Its the same thing.

I can tell from your posts that you feel strongly about this, and your faith. I have no problems with that. I would ask, however, that we keep the posts like this off the forum. Those posts may be better served on a religious forum... ok>

Thanks for understanding.

#163 TGD XI Re: Video Beheading Of American

TGD XI

First Class Act

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:26 PM

You are absolutely right Browning. No christians, muslims, jews, or buddhists or whatever can be generalized. There is no such thing as a christian or jewish community, there can't be. Adolf Hitler went to church, he read the bible. He wasn't a christian. How could he be when he defied all that his religion stood for? Can any soldier really be a christian when they kill for politicians (Even if they feel the same way about who they are killing)? When you generalize religions like we do, it is almost like communism, we destroy all forms of personal identity and differentiality, though it still exists. Obviously, when the bible says something, you can't always take it so literally as to follow it to the exact words, but it is the idea of religion that is so important. People who have not killed cannot understand what it is to take someone's life. It is a deep thing, the biggest thing. When we send troops over to Iraq, the public often supports it. But that is because we have generalized everything, we say we have lost 700 Americans. We don't say so and so is dead. Someone has had their life ended, but we don't care because we don't hear about it. When something like the Nick Berg incident happens, we hear about it, but the same thing that happened to him has happend to over 700 Americans in the last year. Maybe they didn't get their head lopped off, but they were killed. Death is a difficult idea to grasp, even as mature adults. The reason for this is the nagging question of, "what is going to happen?" Some of us are quite sure, but most people don't know what will become of their soul, if anything. When you say you'll kill someone, I think you are probably ignorant. You don't understand what life really means. I don't criticize, and I won't. But, it is important not to be so blind as to endorse the genocide of the enemy of the country you live in. I'm not taking the side of anyone here, and I will not back any group or religion that commends killers of any form. I also understand that there will always be killing. To think that there may someday not be would be naive because there will always be Hitlers in the world. I do not classify myself as a christian, nor will I, because christians do not represent me, my beliefs do.

#164 Togo Re: Video Beheading Of American

Togo

I shave my back

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 09:15 PM

ok> Pretty well said TGD X1, The "my beliefs do" sums it all up nicely. (I do wish the terms gulags and stalin etc. could also be used and not just Hitler, Nazi etc.) Mao? Pol Pot? It goes on.

#165 Marine1 Re: Video Beheading Of American

Marine1

Bustin Caps

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 08:04 AM

Anger and Hate blind a Warrior!

We must know our enemy well to defeat him. I know most people think war is clean and fast but that is not true. Look at the actions from the last few years. We had the 100 hour war and it is still going on.

If you want to win a war you have to fight like your enemy! We need to be willing to do some things that are outside the box. General Blackjack Pershing had the right ideas on how to fight a war. Look him up on the internet and read about his ideas.

The video shows the things that people are capable of but should be no surprise to anyone. This type of crap has happened many times in history. It will happen over and over again.

I have a problem with money grabbers and do gooders going to a war zone. When the war is over there will be time to get rich and help the needy. If you are not fighting the war stay out of the war zone! We have a hard enough time telling the good guys from the bad without every Tom, Dick and Harry running around town.

Just my two cents!

F}

Hank Hoffman
USMC 84-88

#166 Togo Re: Video Beheading Of American

Togo

I shave my back

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 09:16 AM

Money grabbers they are.Contractors,mercs,what ever name they go by. They are gettin big$$$$$.They make more than any ground pounder.A shame, but I don't feel so bad for them. The troops are the ones who need to be heard from and seen every day. The people of the U.S.A. can't get complacent. The troops are taking the back burner to stuff like mikey jackson,colby bryant etc. Not right.

#167 Yahoshua Re: Video Beheading Of American

Yahoshua

Blued Steel

• Veteran Member
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 07:47 PM

The Christians I can barely forgive, only because they admit that they did something wrong and will do their best to prevent it, the Moslems encourage it. Try reading the Q'uran sometime, and you'll see that these people are absolutely geared towards genocide. We simply have to beat then to it. Sorry to say but its the truth.

#168 1911 Re: Video Beheading Of American

Never shoot to kill. Always shoot to live.

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:11 AM

After watching the video I leterally felt sick in my stomach.....felt like puking! That poor guy was screaming!!!! Imagine what the family felt like when they saw the video

#169 BrowningBDA Re: Video Beheading Of American

BrowningBDA

RKI#1

• Veteran Member
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 09:51 AM

Exactly 1911.... thats why so many of us got so angry...

And the news is still talking about Abu Gharib prison.... but this guy's death video has been brushed under the rug.

#170 saintsfanbrian Re: Video Beheading Of American

saintsfanbrian

• Members
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 10:03 AM

Browning - that is because he is only one American. The Abu Gharib prison invovled many Iraqi's etc. More equals better.

#171 mr.trooper Re: Video Beheading Of American

mr.trooper

Eric Cartman Look Alike

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:20 PM

No offence, but going to a "Christian" church......getting baptised....blah-blah-blah so on and so forth doesnt make you a Christian. First of all, Rome has blatently ignored the teachings of the scriptures, and done its own thing for quite some time. its been that way since before the Holy Roman Empire fell. Europe is the most non-participatory "Christian" regions in the world.....verry few Europeans who arent Atheists wouldnt claim to be a "Christian".....peole in america that go to Church a grand total of twice a year ( and sleep the entirtly of those 2 times ) still claim to be "Christian"...even thogh there lives show ZERO proof of Biblical influence. My point is that the majority of people on this planet claim some sort of religion....and guess what...THERE ARE STILL MURDERERS, RAPEISTS, BURGLERS, AND LIERS ALL OVER THE PLANET.

Those bastards that beheaded these two Americans wernt "muslims" as they claim to be

The Fools that started the Crusades wernt "Christians" as they would have claimed to be.

DONT MAKE THIS ABOUT RELIGION. IT PROBABLY WILL COME DOWN TO "CHRISTIANS Vs. MUSLIMS" SOME DAY....BUT IT ISNT AT THAT POINT YET. SO IF YOU DONT MIND, ID LIKE TO ASK YOU ALL TO STOP MAKING YOUR THINLY VEILED POT-SHOTS AT CHRISTIANS, MUSLIMS, OR WHO-EVER.

this is about terorists. Now if a MUTUAL Holy war comes....and the Christians Crusade once more, and the Muslims mount a UNITED jihad...then you can start pointing out all of things that each side has done, good or ill.

As for me, im going to pile up a few more guns, secure my lands, and pray that such things NEVER, NEVER come to pass....and that the Iraq handover goes off without a hitch. at least that will give us a visible ally in the region.

Edited by mr.trooper, 21 June 2004 - 09:26 PM.

#172 ljungman42 Re: Video Beheading Of American

ljungman42

Gun Control Is Not Crime Control

• Veteran Member
  • 956 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:36 PM

:popcorn:

#173 BrowningBDA Re: Video Beheading Of American

BrowningBDA

RKI#1

• Veteran Member
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:22 AM

Browning - that is because he is only one American.  The Abu Gharib prison invovled many Iraqi's etc.  More equals better.

Ah saints... but he isn't the only American... he is just the "latest" American... in a string of Americans killed... over the last 23+ years....

#174 Yahoshua Re: Video Beheading Of American

Yahoshua

Blued Steel

• Veteran Member
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:13 PM

trooper, I want you to go on an internet search for thw moslem holy book the Q'uran. I want you ro read as long as you can stand, and you'll see that there are no "potshots" in this arena.

#175 Kreig Hund Re: Video Beheading Of American

Kreig Hund

My name is Earl.

• Members
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:09 PM

I notice a lot of people are saying

"Bomb the entire :f*u: country!"

Think about the innocents! I dont care if ever 90 out of 100 people in iraq are evil, there are still ten innocents.

Ten innocents do not deserve to die for there brothers stupidity!!

Think of it like this- In your neighborhood there lives several terrorists. You do not know who they are. The US decides that they must eleiminate this terrorist threat. They decide to carpet bomb the entire neighbourhood. Everyone in the neiborhood dies, including you.

Do you think that you should die just becuase there are 5 terrorists in the block.

It is just WRONG to kill innocent people. There are children, there are babies, there arre people just trying to live, and you want to bomb them!

#176 mr.trooper Re: Video Beheading Of American

mr.trooper

Eric Cartman Look Alike

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:38 PM

iv read just about the whole thing man....i know what it says. My point was that the quiran or however you spell the dang thing, contradicts itselph over this issue. It doubles back on its own word. Something like: "Be kind to Christians and Jews"....and then "kill all the Jews and Christians." And "JEws and christians are simply your mis-guided brothers"....then "Jews and Christians are Satan incarnate! kill them all!"

Thats what i was trying to get accrost. i wasnt refering to you when i made the comment in question. I still stand by it however.

my reference to pot-shots was for the "Muslims are basicaly peacefull, unlike Christians" and the "Muslims are totaly violent, lets bomb them all :thkr: " comments. those are the ones i meant. I was also trying to echo Browning in the area that you cant generalize an entire religion. sorry if i coused any confusion.

And i agree with you TGD....you cant take ALL scripture literaly...just most of it. When scripture is trying to be metiphorica, it used words such as "like", "as" , "beholden to", "in the form of" anything containing operators such as those are intentionaly metiphorical, just like any other form of writing or speech.

Edited by mr.trooper, 22 June 2004 - 04:47 PM.

#177 Buckshot Bob Re: Video Beheading Of American

Buckshot Bob

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:09 PM

Should start cutting all the terrorist prisoners heads off. Bury them in pig guts.

OOps Liberals and the pacive UN wouldn't like the mistreatment of these poor misunderstood terrorists. Our hands are tied.

Till the pacives get ba11$ enough to deal in the real world. Fight fire with fire. Terrorize the terrorists. No other way to fight such animals but on their level.

Bet we will be pacive victims for a long long time.

#178 emclean Re: Video Beheading Of American

emclean

• Veteran Member
  • 11,454 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:15 PM

just anounce that all of the colitions rounds are lubed with pigs fat, right?

#179 grayfox Re: Video Beheading Of American

grayfox

RKI#4

• Senior Moderator
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:29 PM

We are all upset and venting over the actions of the terrorists. It is hard to understand how anyone could do what they are doing to another human being.

Live each day as though it could be your last, hug your loved ones, keep in touch with your friends...

Do what you can do to protect your loved ones..you are the only thing keeping the bastards at bay

Pray that it never hits home, but if it does, be prepared...If you are not, don't ask me for my food or guns..I won't be answering the door. B{

#180 BrowningBDA Re: Video Beheading Of American

BrowningBDA

RKI#1

• Veteran Member
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 01:51 AM

Awesome post Grayfox!!

Can I borrow some sugar??? :rofl:

#181 marswolf Re: Video Beheading Of American

marswolf

Rest in Peace

• Members
  • 10,534 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 06:55 AM

Hey Grayfox - ok>

#182 Yahoshua Re: Video Beheading Of American

Yahoshua

Blued Steel

• Veteran Member
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:21 PM

If you live in an area where you KNOW there are terrorists, and you don't turn them in or inform the soldiers about it, then you're helping them to hide. Which in turn is no better than being a terrorist yourself.

#183 1911 Re: Video Beheading Of American

Never shoot to kill. Always shoot to live.

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:03 AM

Ya know the problem with all these conflicts are the enemey are not affraid to die, theyre probably looking forward to die in the name of "religion". It was rather similar when Japan kamikaze pearl harbor. The solution then was to nuke 2 cities or genocide in lamen terms. It did stop the war. If US were to do that to Iraq or Afghan now, the end result wouldnt be like WW2....it'll probably piss off Muslims around the world and create a religious WW3 between Christians and Muslims. For people like me living in a country with the largest Muslim population and being a "Christian" would simply mean bye-bye-bye!!

However if you were to understand or care enough to find out the other religion, you'd probably realise that fanatics, or extremists are minority, their extremely vocal! They're usually uneducated, poor, and live a meaningless life....they got nothing to lose. Most(except some rich idiots who finance terrorists) educated ones will not share the kill-kill-kill jihad mentallity. Even the term jihad has deep meaning. Giving food, helping the poor are all jihad as well. The jihad that were used to legalise the killing would first have to be resulted if a nation/individual has united in declaring a war against the religion of Islam. As far as I'm concern no one or country in this conflict has ever declare that. "My people perish due to a lack of knowledge" quoting a sentence from the bible here....i guess it applys to everyone generally.... I've seen hundreds of times Bush or whoever clearly saying "the war is not against the religion of Islam!!" But apparently Bush forgot not everyone in Iraq or Afghan owns a TV that air LIVE CNN. Translated reports from Aljazira TV are extremely unreliable. I know this for a fact after comparing a live feed of Bush's speech from both CNN/FOX and translated Aljazira to Indonesian. Somewhere along the line it was misinterpreted.

I hope i get my point across.....most majority of Muslims are not violent, they know the value of human lives let alone butchering someones head off. A couple of messed up individuals who claims to be Muslim created the illusion and false teachings of Jihad being the solutions of all their sufferings and poverty.

#184 Yahoshua Re: Video Beheading Of American

Yahoshua

Blued Steel

• Veteran Member
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:15 AM

Apparently you haven't read the Q'uran. And if WW3 happens sooner than later, so be it, its on the line against islam anyway, only a mater of time.

#185 BrowningBDA Re: Video Beheading Of American

BrowningBDA

RKI#1

• Veteran Member
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:51 AM

What does the koran have to do with the FACTS that a major portion fo the islamic world are NOT commiting murders???

You find some disgusting & violent passages in the Koran... I can say the same about the old testament.... Both religions have terrible & bloody pasts.... and both religions have been used...e ven in recent years... to commit atrocities.

Yes.... some in the Arab world are using the radical teachings of islam to justify terrorism.... this is no different from Radical christians using radical christian teachings to bomb abortion clinics.... or Roman Catholic churches in Northern Ireland... or non christian villages in ethiopia..... or commiting genocide against muslims in Serbia (where christian croats & such had no problems commiting mass murder...)

The only difference is that there are more islamic radicals... and they garner more support from their uneducated masses.... due to their governments support.... the media they get... radical news sources who fan the flames of hate towards the west.

But to say we are at war with ALL islamic peoples acrost the globe... is not accurate.. nor fair to the millions of muslims who DO support us.

Out of the billion muslims on this planet... maybe 20% follow this radical path.... that is ALOT... millions. But... you're trying to include the 80% who dont follow that path.

Could muslims do more to dissassociate themselves from terror? Sure.... they could. But then... I dont recall a flood of christians coming forth to disassociate themselves from the radical christians who were murdering abortion doctors... and blowing up clinics either.

I dont recall any christian churches... or people... running forward to disassociate themselves from the Catholics & protestants fighting in Norther Ireland... and killing each other in terrorist attacks either.

How many american churches condemned their christian counterparts in ethiopia? Kosovo? Serbia? Other African nations???

Glass houses..... dont expect religion to be the deviding line... christians themselves dont get along... or agree on dogma... any more than mulims do. And Christian hands are not clean.....

Instead of trying to find differences... why not open you heart to the millions of muslims who cared enough to come to america... be american... and support us??

I live near detroit.... and the huge Caldean population here had parades to celebrate Bush going to Iraq.

But it sounds, no offense... like you have passed judgement on a billion people.... and to someone like me, on the outside, looking in... that doesn't appear to be very christian.... to condemn an entire race of people for the actions of a radical minority.

#186 Yahoshua Re: Video Beheading Of American

Yahoshua

Blued Steel

• Veteran Member
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 12:48 AM

Yeah, so I do sound a little judgemental but et me put it this way: If there were a million people who were radical, and there were 100,000 who thought otherwise. Why in the name of god would they not protest this radicalism or otherwise flee from it? Answer: They're either murdered, held as suspected terrorists, or they're too damn scared to get out of there and tell someone.

In war there can be exceptions, but till the meatgrinder comes around evryones guilty, then innocent can come forward and escape before the storm.

#187 BrowningBDA Re: Video Beheading Of American

BrowningBDA

RKI#1

• Veteran Member
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:24 AM

And again....

How many christians in the USA ran foward towards news crews... held marches.. protested... ect.... when "Christian fundamentalist groups" Blew up abortion clinics?? Shot & murdered abortion doctors?? Patients in the waiting rooms?? Nurses? Ect?

I dont remember any.

How many American Christians held protest marches.... prayer vigils... or ran to the press to disassociate themselves from the Irish christian protestant terrorists in the IRA?? Or the Christians in the former yugoslavia who had taken it upon themselves to commit genocide against their muslin countrymen??? Or the Christians in ethiopia who wiped out entire villages of people over religion?

Did any American church groups run to the press... and scream about what the church in Rome did during Hilter's reign???

How many american church groups.... or christians... ran to the press to disassociate themselves after the boy molesting came to light in the catholic church??

Is that "silence" to be seen as "agreement" with these attrocities from christians??

As for radical islam..... maybe 10-15 million muslims follow this... out of over a billion..... a very lopsided number, although still a huge issue.

My only point to you is that before you condemn a Billion people, for the acts of a small minority of their number.... I suggest you clean house first. Glass houses?

If you want to make this a "religious" war.... then how are YOU any different from those muslims wanting to make this a religious war against christians?? Its just the flip side of the same, exact coin.

You hate them... because of Religion... they hate you... because of religion.

Religion has no place in this war. We are not at war with these radicals because we are targeting "islam"... we are at war with them because they kill our people... target innocents.... and must be stopped.

While I agree... i would like to see more muslims stand against what their radicals do.... I dont see this happening with American christians either.... in public. so why would you expect the muslims to do something, that even American christians wont do??

#188 marswolf Re: Video Beheading Of American

marswolf

Rest in Peace

• Members
  • 10,534 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 05:07 PM

Religion has no place in this war. We are not at war with these radicals because we are targeting "islam"... we are at war with them because they kill our people... target innocents.... and must be stopped.

ok>

That's about it.

#189 mabzie Re: Video Beheading Of American

mabzie

Squirrel! Its whats for dinner!

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 06:29 PM

now there gonna behead 3 turks if turky dosent make all its contractors leave

#190 marswolf Re: Video Beheading Of American

marswolf

Rest in Peace

• Members
  • 10,534 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:27 AM

Well, after awhile, maybe they will see that this doesn't work. Even the Bush hating liberals will get bored after a few more of these and stop their shrill nonsense.

#191 saintsfanbrian Re: Video Beheading Of American

saintsfanbrian

• Members
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 11:17 PM

Okay so as if the beheading wasn't bad enough, now we have kids acting it out and pretending to be the hostage takers.

http://www.thesun.co...4301052,00.html

Sick, sad world we live in some times isn't it.

#192 aircraft_mech_1 Re: Video Beheading Of American

aircraft_mech_1

Just Busted My Cherry

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:35 PM

In a society like the one in which the American was beheaded like a worthless animal only one solution can fit the crime of these ruthless semi humans -- It is time to take a few Nukes out for a test ride.

#193 BrowningBDA Re: Video Beheading Of American

BrowningBDA

RKI#1

• Veteran Member
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 10:19 AM

Welcome to the forum aircraft mech! ok>

#194 DevilDoG Re: Video Beheading Of American

DevilDoG

Self-Defense Is A Right, Not A Privilege

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 02:19 PM

I know its basicly over but I still have to comment on how retarded the comment was from werd01 about our death sentence is inhumane. Considering we use leathal injection. We numb the area of injection, clean it, relax them, then overdose them with basicly a sleeping pill untill their body stops. Wow thats just sick.

or

Steal a loaf of bread to feed your family and get your hand cut off. Hum...

#195 emclean Re: Video Beheading Of American

emclean

• Veteran Member
  • 11,454 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 04:37 PM

why do they sterilise the injection set up? and use disposable needles?

#196 BrowningBDA Re: Video Beheading Of American

BrowningBDA

RKI#1

• Veteran Member
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 05:11 PM

Because its humane... what if the shot doesn't work... the man doesn't die??? If he lives... and gets an infection... thats seen as inhumane. ok>

#197 emclean Re: Video Beheading Of American

emclean

• Veteran Member
  • 11,454 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 06:50 PM

of corse, thanks for seting me strate.

#198 Yahoshua Re: Video Beheading Of American

Yahoshua

Blued Steel

• Veteran Member
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 07:04 PM

I don't see an point in sterilizing it either..I mean they're gonna kill him one way or another...they just gotta clean it up real well before the next guy comes in.

Gift Ideas - Bulk Ammo Sale