Sign in to follow this  
ic3ss

Ar-15 Value?

I need some help. I want to sell my ar-15, can anyone tell me the value of, or where to find the value of a Colt AR-15 .223cal Match Target Competition HBAR II 16" barrell with 1 in 9 twist and flat top, removable handle. This rifle has had only 5-6 hundred rounds through it and is about 3 years old, post ban. Any help would be appreciated.

It is "Colt" manufactured and 3 years old or you have had it for three years? I would find it interesting if the AR15 you are talking about was made in 1999 or 2000. It has the Colt Logo on the reciever?

If you had it for three years how did you obtain it and/or how much did you pay for it? Chances are if it had that few of rounds put through it the value of these in that short of time would not have changed much.

Does the "PostBan" style of weapon you are talking about have the standard A2 stock on it or is it a pinned collapsable stock?

Do you have all the original accessories like the box, manual, magazine(s), etc. (this stuff matters to).

There is no way to accurately judge the potential wholesale & retail values of this firearm with the information listed. Give us a photo and/or more details and I am sure we can help you.

-Thed

Sorry, I don't have a picture of the AR-15, but I can tell you that it does have the standard A2 stock, and flat top reciever with the handle, all origional. I do have the origional manual and both 10 round magazines, but not the box or cleaning kit. I bought it in '99 from a local dealer who had sold it new, then bought it back 2 weeks later from a police officer that was going to use it in his patrol car. He fired no more than 20 rounds before taking it back to the dealer. So, in short, I bought it 2 weeks old. It is a Colt and has the Colt logo on the lower reciever. I have not looked up the ser#, but I imagine that it was made in '98 probably? The condition of the rifle is about as good as you can imagine with a few hundred rounds fired. No scratches, dings, appearance is near perfect. I don't think it matters to resale value, but I paid $800 for it.

I'd think it's worth near what you paid. in as good a condition as you say. I personaly wouldn't sell it for less than $700.00. I'm no expert, Just my 2 cents.

I payed $1100.00 for my Bushmaster shorty 16. I got took for a couple hundred $. But they were in demand, and back ordered at the time. Last one on the shelf. 911 and all. I really wanted one, and had the cash. Different locations have different econimies and demands.

Stainless and titaniam pocket revolvers are the big thing around here now.