Sign in to follow this  
Langadune

Hesse Arms?

:unsure:

Just curious... Does anyone have anything good to say about the Hesse Arms versions of the AR-15. They are dirt cheap, but have that carbon/fiber receiver. I know you get what you pay for. But an AR for $499... is this manufacture just a waste of money or is it one of those unsung neatos?

I have seen them advertised, but not in person or ever fired.

I would think that they would be a fairly good deal. The Price to build your own "generic" kit would be around $550-600. It would not suprise me if you could get this price down if you buy 1000's of kits at a time like Hesse. A $499 sale price probably could be done, and still have a nice profit margin.

The Hesse products I have fired (L1A1 and G3) are OK. Not awesome, and not bad either. I am not particularly impressed with the "workmanship" of their receivers, but at the prices they sell at it is hard to argue.

This is my best guess. Maybe it will help.

-Thed

Every time I try to access their site (www.hessearms.com) it is a dead link....that can't be a good sign. Did they go under again?

No, I hadn't. I may do that on monday. I was just curious to see what offerings they had currently. Wouldn't mind building something up from a receiver (FN,G3 etc).

We have a Hesse Arms AR pistol with a preban upper at the store I work at now. I'm not too impressed with it, it feels like a toy. But then, maybe it's the Bushmaster A2, heavy barrel we have next to it thats distorts it a little bit.....:-)

Hesse is now selling under Vulcan Arms. Here's their new site. Apparently they have a bad reputation for quality. I however happen to own one of their AR-15's as well as one of the infamous AK's and neither of them have had any problems whatsoever. I've heard very bad stories but I haven't personally experienced these problems. The 2 guns of theirs that I own are fine.